Windows giving message "consider replacing your battery"- need help

Hi, I am using Dell Laptop with Windows 7 64 bit installed, my battery was working perfectly fine when suddenly the battery icon in the taskbar started showing message "consider replacing your battery". My battery is new < six months , and also gives good backup, but this message started coming suddenly,Plz help!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The most common problem is that the battery isn't very well 'fit' into the slot. Why not try taking out the battery, blow up some dry air on the contact points and try fitting it in? If you've already done that step and it didn't work, you might just want to Flash your BIOS. Just download the updated driver from Dell official website and install it.

I had a similar problem few months ago. Repairing Windows worked in my case. Give it a try - would be just worth the time. It's a common problem with most of the Dell laptops.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# , I tried the first two methods and those didn't worked in my case.
    Then I found a solution (somewhat trivial) which worked 😁. This solution involves using battery to the critical charge(0%) and then fully recharge. Here is the link: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# congratulations on getting the problem solved and sharing how to fix it. The problem with such issues is that there are no clear answers and most of the solutions are found by trial and error. What you did is called 'Battery Conditioning' - which is recommended when you've a new battery. The technique is also used in extending the battery life of mobiles. I've tried it several times before and have always got great results.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

During a presentation, Microsoft's Chief Research Officer, Rick Rashid has showcased the company's breakthrough in speech recognition technology with a software that translates spoken English into spoken Chinese almost instantly!...
😀Why we are unable to create folder or rename a folder as ‘con’ ? In MS-DOS, several special "device files" were available to aid in performing certain tasks, such as...
Like the last year, Google this year conducted the Doodle 4 Google Contest in India. Google received over 200,000 entries from all over the country and 13 finalists have been...
I guess i have seen a thread similar to it, I search it. but I couldnt find. SO I am starting again! In future if I/anyone finds it, we will...
Dear all, i am a final year mechanical engineering student from Pakistan. I am doing my final year project on "Design and Analysis of Cross Country Vehicle Chassis". I have...