Windows Diassembler

Hello, I am a crazy computer science engineers and I would like to know how exactly does the Windows Diassembler work? Please help me with a brief explanation.

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    rishi0922
    How does Windows Diassembler works ??
    Hi Rishi so far as i can think Disassemblers are programs designed for reversing binary executable files to source code. I never heard anything like Windows Disassembler, i thought it might be just my lack of knowledge or mistake, but i waited for you getting replied by someone but no one replied yet. Please be more specific or just give link if it just acts like any other software so that i can download and check what thing you are asking about and explain further. Please correct me if i am mistaken or wrong again.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Leo as far as i have known 'W32dasm' is a window dissambler which is also called as a hexeditor. It needs to crack any software or game may be. 'Hiew' is also a hexeditor.
  • Leo
    Leo
    Hi Rishi, so far as my knowledge is concerned Hex Editor is not a Disassembler it is just a tool designed for editing pre-compiled executable binaries. People use this editing tool for hacking purpose but it was not actually developed for that reason. A Hex-editor opens a binary executable file in Hexadecimal format for editing, some editing tools also provide information on strings that can be directly changed by altering because string always remains as it is in any compiled format.

It is really very useful tool. So far its working is concerned, hex-editor opens binary executable's data in binary mode then it converts that binary data into hexadecimal data and displays in an array so that the person who wants to edit can understand, seems quite easy but understanding hexadecimal data is not a piece of pie, even most professionals are not that expert to understand all hexadecimal decoding. Hex editor can also be used for editing hash files, hex dumps, physical dumps etc. there are many uses i know only few.

W32dasm might be name given by the coder who created that hex editor, and at last hex-editor and Disassembler are two different things since hex-editor does not reverse any code just opens for editing. If there is something missing or incorrect in what i explained then feel free to state so. Happy Computing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's my java examination question. a=10,b=12; Calculate the value of a&b and a&&b.
Guys do we have an Facebook Group?😛
Hi everyone! I hava a PIC18F2520 Interface Board with X-Bee wireless option: https://microcontrollershop.com/produ...oducts_id=2370 I want to write tiny OS and upload it to the board above. Is it possible? If...
Hello friend's, We all know that java is so secured one of the reason for this is no any pointer concept is in java programming. But i don't understand that...
Basically,it will be a bios level coding or something like that.The main purpose of it would be to bring different OS's installed in System on single window so that one...