Wind mobile charger

hi guys, wind mobile charger are used in future or not? it have much demand or not?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    hi guys, wind mobile charger are used in future or not? it have much demand or not?
    Could you explain a bit in more detail what a wind mobile charger is? Sounds like an interesting concept to me.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Wind mobile charger?
    elaborate the idea please.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    Wind mobile charger?
    elaborate the idea please.
    I'm already imagining a windmill attached to the mobile phone. It could be a USB accessory; but I seriously doubt its ability to generate enough power. Plus it's going to look a little 'weird', I think. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    i think you all know about a wind power plant. that concept only we use to make a wind mobile charger .
  • Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    why sir it does not have a demand?

Windmill attached to cell via usb made me ROFL.
    I find this concept pretty tough to implement in real world.
    but there's always a hope.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think all of us here know wind power plant; but we heard the 'wind mobile charger' for the first time. Before we can estimate whether there's a demand to it; we need to understand your concept of a wind mobile charger. Is your concept same as what I mentioned above? If not, please elaborate a bit so that we can discuss it and find out whether it can be accepted in the market.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Interesting concept, but very difficult to implement. Looks like the future homes will have windmills affixed on the terrace (just like our DTH receiver) and a cable(from a storage cell)to transmit the electricity generated to the battery via USB. Lol ๐Ÿ˜€. But I seriously doubt whether it would generate the required electricity.I suppose it's enough to charge a battery but am not sure whether it can be extended for other appliances plus it's not reliable because wind speed is not constant and there are many other factors(like seasonal changes,rain etc.). Please elaborate your idea dude. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    bringing a wind mill into pocket is the first hurdle

but the output will not be satisfactory in those cases i guess
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Pocket windmill is just impossible in my opinion(am sorry if it can be implemented somehow. ๐Ÿ˜›). because the electricity produced will be so so small. ๐Ÿ˜€ #-Link-Snipped-# waiting for your idea. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    yeah that is the point if we primarily conceive the current generated by them, if the voltage built by them is increased then by transformer action this is possible

in general lay man terms the power generated must be of some significance
  • Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    hi guys i am not telling wind mill is fix to mobile . my concept is wind mobile charger means . many people travelling in buses and train and vehicles that if low battery means how can they put charge so only thinking a make compact wind mill alone like a electric charger for mobile.
  • Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    yeah it will produce a charge for maximum to mobile.
  • Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    hi guys give some list of electrical business
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    hi guys i am not telling wind mill is fix to mobile . my concept is wind mobile charger means . many people travelling in buses and train and vehicles that if low battery means how can they put charge so only thinking a make compact wind mill alone like a electric charger for mobile.
    I don't get you. Is it similar to what "K"(@The_Big_K) said?
  • sowmiya vd
    sowmiya vd
    British company Orange developed the windmill charger with #-Link-Snipped-#, whose goal is to provide unique ways to reduce the carbon footprint in everyday life. The basic design of the windmill charger is three fold. The windmill, transfers energy into a control box#-Link-Snipped-# that can then charge the cellphone itself. Made of the standard horizontal axis wind turbine (HAWT) type, with a blade propeller diameter of 30cm, provides a half watt charge to your cell as the wind blows รข€“ which is enough to trickle charge a#-Link-Snipped-# and fully charged that cell within a reasonable 1-2 hours.

solar charger can do as well but it is not possible during cloudy days!!! wind has no restrictions... i guess
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Hey #-Link-Snipped-# can you post the schematic used by the Orange here if possible
  • sowmiya vd
    sowmiya vd
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    thanks for it
  • Shiyam Sundhar.N
    Shiyam Sundhar.N
    hi guys , its is possible to charge electric car battery while running without any load. please reply me quickly.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am an order of magnitude chap. A 30cm exhaust fan consumes about 80W at 1500 RPM generating a wind of about 5 m/sec. With efficiencies taken into account about 40W delivered as wind power.
    Reasonable to assume the reverse. A wind mill of same size with that speed of wind will generate about 20 - 25 W, again taking efficiencies into account.
    As a rough estimate one can take it that the output will decrease as square of diameter. A 10 cm wind mill will give about 2W at 5 m/sec wind velocity.
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    As far as non-conventional methods for mobile charging is concerned, " Charging by Walking " is a new concept .People have already created such prototypes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Looks like most of the most-regular CEans are enjoying the rains. What's up, people?
hi friends, as we all know that engineers day is celebrated on 15th september. can i get some incidents of his life
I found this interesting perspcetive of Olympics. Intersted people can read it https://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/6468
I m a final year CS engineer student give me some topics for major project i know C/C++ and little bit of java
Lets do some crazies things.....