Where are you, people?

Looks like most of the most-regular CEans are enjoying the rains. What's up, people?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The_Big_K
    Looks like most of the most-regular CEans are enjoying the rains. What's up, people?
    See! No one's around to answer. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    we are here #-Link-Snipped-# any thing special for us then
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jeffrey samuel
    we are here #-Link-Snipped-# any thing special for us then
    We've lower traffic today than all the Mondays in the season. So I was just wondering where have all the CEans gone ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    even i felt it sir. I took a couple of hours break and find the forums undisturbed really a strange experience for me here

but i know it will change soon ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Mon(soon)day Blues?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the blues always last a few hours here ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Thanks to the campus placements which i have been attending nowadays, that i have become quite inactive over here.

but the monsoon on the other hand also has its own effects. the line fails, whenever it rains hard.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Off working a bit for last several months . Out of leisure time these days ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ok, great to see the group's still around. It's been a dull day for me so far. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    The_Big_K
    Ok, great to see the group's still around. It's been a dull day for me so far. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. ๐Ÿ˜€
    It may be the sign of a wonderfull day tomorrow Biggie ๐Ÿ˜
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Work load ๐Ÿ˜ก
    Though I'm logging in now and then to check what' going on, but I couldn't post anything. I hope I will be okay from the next month ๐Ÿ˜•
    Missing my time!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I texted same question to GF yestrrday that Why CE seems so dead !
    I am tired of hectic schedule; Looking for government holidays ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yesterday was a little 'out of place'. Typically our traffic surges on Monday and continues to do so until Thursday and goes down a bit on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I hope to see everyone back in action today.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Is there something we can do for mass appeal? Something than can trigger increased activity and enthusiasm across the forum?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Things ARE quiet. Unusual to say the least.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    Things ARE quiet. Unusual to say the least.
    I agree. The overall traffic to the site is down today as well. We currently have 787 visitors right now; which usually is about 950-1000 at this time. I've absolutely no clue what's going wrong, everything seems to be in place.

Is it the sidebar that's causing people to go away? I'll take it out in a moment, if people say. ๐Ÿ˜จ
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    The_Big_K
    Is it the sidebar that's causing people to go away? I'll take it out in a moment, if people say. ๐Ÿ˜จ
    No, I don't think that the side bar would be the reason.
    Rather people may be bzy with their works..
    May be assignments, campus, upcoming exams, etc...๐Ÿ˜’
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Alot of our members are students and its the beginning of the semester. Its a busy time with all the hustle and bustle. What is the trend like throughout an entire semester. Maybe you can find your answer there K. You can even look at a yearly trend to see how traffic varies throughout the year. Hopefully we can find and answer to ease your mind a bit ๐Ÿ‘
    Me personally I'm busy at work. These days i'm dealing with safety and employee disputes along with my regular work.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Whenever we said anything that seems off topic, my chief late Prof.Ramaseshan, who retired as IISc director, used to ask,'What has that to do with the price of fish?',which question his uncle Sir C.V.Raman also used to ask though rather aggressively.

Let me also ask,'What has that (side bar) to do with the price of fish?'

Why should a useful little side bar put people off? One need not look at it, if one so feels. It is something else.

There seems to be too much discussion on student project requests, which constitute bulk of new activity. Frothy, surface level discussions seem to be the rule. Hard core engineering responses, which were common earlier seem to be less.

It is possible that because serious responses require thought and some calculations, people are postponing a reply because of work pressure. At least I am doing it. Too much on the plate and not enough quality time to put out a reasoned reply.

Should we have a separate category for assignment type of projects irrespective of subject? It is important to encourage budding engineers. We should not stop assignment type queries.

For all I know this may be a passing lull. The usual madness may burst forth in a while.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    The_Big_K
    I agree. The overall traffic to the site is down today as well. We currently have 787 visitors right now; which usually is about 950-1000 at this time. I've absolutely no clue what's going wrong, everything seems to be in place.

Definitely not the side bar. Side bar is very useful. ๐Ÿ˜€.Even I am wondering about this sudden lull. Has it happened before "K"?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    Let me also ask,'What has that (side bar) to do with the price of fish?'
    Well the sidebar does have something to do with the number of people (new ones) visiting the site. It's actually the traffic transporter 'Google' that decides who goes where ๐Ÿ˜ก and after introduction of the sidebar; Google suddenly started finding 'new web pages' on all the old URLs; it makes it suspicious and push us down in rankings. So people searching for engineering related stuff would not readily spot CrazyEngineers. I hate that about Google, but looks like we'll have to deal with it for some time; unless some crazy engineer builds Google killer.

bioramani
    Should we have a separate category for assignment type of projects irrespective of subject? It is important to encourage budding engineers. We should not stop assignment type queries.
    Too many categories confuse people ( #experience ) and we opted to have a simple structure. The reason we formed project ideas & seminar topics section because our (hardcore) technical sections were getting flooded with free lunch requests. I've believed that even the student queries about basics of CS / Electrical / Mechanical / Chemical / Biomedical should be treated as technical discussion.

I however acknowledge that we lack 'depth'.

CE Designer
    Alot of our members are students and its the beginning of the semester. Its a busy time with all the hustle and bustle. What is the trend like throughout an entire semester. Maybe you can find your answer there K. You can even look at a yearly trend to see how traffic varies throughout the year. Hopefully we can find and answer to ease your mind a bit ๐Ÿ‘
    September is one of the highest traffic months for CE. In fact; last week we were breaking the records of September traffic with number of online visitors reaching 1600. I've investigated all things that might have gone wrong and fixed a few. Let's see how it all goes over the next few days.

vinod1993
    Definitely not the side bar. Side bar is very useful. ๐Ÿ˜€.Even I am wondering about this sudden lull. Has it happened before "K"?
    I'm glad that sidebar is useful. As long as our regular members say that it's useful, we're keeping it. I even spent lot of time over the weekend fixing the issues that the sidebar introduced (caused the server load to shoot up).
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It may help if each one of us makes a commitment to oneself to start one serious thread per week.
    This can be something small in engineering practice that the poster generated or even come across that proved useful in some way but not found in text books or such.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    My days to move to Bangalore are coming near. I am really very sad about this because I've never been away from my mom & dad (neither did they). To most, it may just seem idiotic, but I've a very small family (yes, only us three) so even one person leaving causes a big difference. Same goes for my mom.

For now, I am going for some PG Diploma course that is for 6 months, but chances are, I'll have to find job there & settle there itself. So its like last 5 days of my life at my own beloved home. This may be for my well being but I feel like shit happening and if it was under my control I would never go...๐Ÿ˜”

I just don't feel like doing anything now & that's the reason I am virtually inactive.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    bioramani
    It is possible that because serious responses require thought and some calculations, people are postponing a reply because of work pressure. At least I am doing it. Too much on the plate and not enough quality time to put out a reasoned reply.
    that is true. For example -I have recently seen a query about diff between CDMA and GSM. posting one line answers or link sis easy,but finding time to really dig into the topic and answer is time consuming.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    never i fail t check the side bar it is awesome my man the student involvement usually decreases in the beginning of the week and speeds up as the week progresses

about hard core discussions there is very limited discussion now in those fields to be exact
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I'm visiting Bangalore till 15th so Not able to surf CE. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [Prototype]
    I just don't feel like doing anything now & that's the reason I am virtually inactive.
    Try to take control of your destiny, buddy. I was faced with a similar situation in the past - and I opted to join a company next to my home - only to figure out what to do in life. Something or the other works out in your favor if you work hard. It's wonderful that you're a close-knit family.

durga
    that is true. For example -I have recently seen a query about diff between CDMA and GSM. posting one line answers or link sis easy,but finding time to really dig into the topic and answer is time consuming.
    On a related note, should we really answer the questions that have been answered 100 times on the Internet? Someone on the other forum said to me, I'd have loved to join CE; but the questions being discussed on it are *VERY basic*. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

jeffrey samuel
    about hard core discussions there is very limited discussion now in those fields to be exact
    Everyone here believes that hard-core discussions are very limited and we're mostly answering student discussions. I've been an electrical engineer but have been away from my 'roots' since LONG. But I'm thinking maybe I'll start posting the questions I face working on the servers and administrations. I've always found difficulty in getting answers and I'm sure we can attract lot of people to reply.

Can each one of us take up sections and start building discussions?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ K
    may be questions are basic - but are we being hypocratic???For example - a chit chat question goes unanswered as we say its too non-technical.
    A basic technical question goes unanswered as we say - its too basic.
    A hardcore techincal question goes unanswered as we say we dont have too much idea of thr topic.
    No question is too basic or silly when we give it enough time to solve , is what I think. But again time has always been a contraint right?? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : I'm not quite sure if the handholding would take people far. What I see is instead of typing out original answers, it's easier to copy-paste the answer from the source where it's been answered already. But that doesn't help this site; in fact we get punished in search rankings if we post copy-pasted content. That makes traffic to sync and that prevents from newer people discovering our site.

If members are willing to help with the most basic questions, I'm more than happy ๐Ÿ˜
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I did not mention handholding - but sometimes basic questions weave discussions.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    yeah true to an extent but we have to be more on tech terms and also balance or edge in other areas too
  • suguna026
    suguna026
    can anyone brief a bit bout hw to use this lounge .. seems here alot of threads its confusing.... hw to keep in touch .. where can i ask quest , n normal chats .. ???? tq
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    suguna026
    can anyone brief a bit bout hw to use this lounge .. seems here alot of threads its confusing.... hw to keep in touch .. where can i ask quest , n normal chats .. ???? tq
    Non technical general questions and general chat is to be done in this section.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Here is a place for you to share views on current scenario that is it
  • suguna026
    suguna026
    [Prototype]
    Non technical general questions and general chat is to be done in this section.
    thank you ๐Ÿ˜€
  • suguna026
    suguna026
    jeffrey samuel
    Here is a place for you to share views on current scenario that is it
    thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends, as we all know that engineers day is celebrated on 15th september. can i get some incidents of his life
I found this interesting perspcetive of Olympics. Intersted people can read it https://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/6468
I m a final year CS engineer student give me some topics for major project i know C/C++ and little bit of java
Lets do some crazies things.....
Hi friends...I want program for Image Recognition in MATLAB.. please provide me algorithm related link or program related link as i couldn't find proper source. waiting for fast and immediate...