Will Ubuntu Derivatives Die After Ubuntu Drops Xorg & Ships With Mir As Default Display Server ?

Since sooner (14.04) or later (14.10) Ubuntu is going to ship with XMir & then obviously they will drop maintaining the xorg packages for Xbuntu & mints. Do you think, Ubuntu derivatives will die ?
I would like to elaborate more on this debate, but I would love it if some CEans put their opinions & views on this.

Debate on!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have no to little knowledge about wordpress. I have written 10-15 tutorials & projects in paper & now I am all set to create blog in Wordpress & post...
Hi CEans, When I was surfing the newspaper an article catched my eyes and I want to throw a discussion here. The news is that a school from NewZealand has...
What is the use of piston rings?
Spice Smart Flo Edge has made its appearance on the e-commerce website Saholic and it can be yours for just Rs.3299. Now from the price tag you might have guessed...
Quick look of Nexus 5 packed with Android Kitkat 4.4 One messaging app Hangout. Better Google Now Support lower end devices with 512 mb ram If anyone finds kitkat 4.4...