Will the new admission system destroy brand IIT?

Government of India has imposed a new system for engineering & IIT admissions starting year 2013. Now, in order to secure admission in IIT, only JEE (now replaced by a common entrance exam) score won't matter; in addition, your XII class performance will also factor in!

The topic of the debate is - whether replacing the tougher JEE (probably one of the toughest engineering admission tests in the world) with a CET cause the quality of students entering into IIT degrade? Do you think it will destroy the brand IIT in the next few years?

Replies

• Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    According to my knowledge,

Yes, it definitely will, since it eliminates logical thinking which is replaced by Speed with memory. Now, the person who can remember more data and access it as fast as he/she could can eventually become an IITan.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Opinions, Opinions, Opinions, Please! ☕
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    IIT alumni seem to have an opinion that the new entrance exam will bring down the standard of premium institutions. The IIT-Delhi alumni association is currently looking at the legal options to oppose the new pattern saying it will create over dependence on the coaching classes. I'm not sure whether that will be the case, because currently all the IIT aspirants are already dependent on coaching classes.

Author Chetan Bhagat said that the IITs are being destroyed by the politicians.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    There is chance for this as even XII results differs very much state wise. I supports old system.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tata Docomo has launched TwittCom a new service that lets you activate and recharge online via Twitter. The service is currently available to all the GSM customers of Tata. To...
Fuelled by global ambition, Jaguar Land Rover is painting an impressive picture of success. With an incredibly diverse and enticing product mix, strong growth in key global markets, and some...
I'm just one freshman in the field of software, and programed many java projects.so help me.
hey guys am working on a labview project and i need to capture images from the webcam.....anybody with idea on how to capture this images and these images will be...
Name:Anand Padmanaban.K *Engineering Trade:B.E Civil Engineering Location: Erode *Occupation: Student Work Experience: (if applicable) *Hobbies & Interests: Innovative thinkings *Aim in life: (if applicable 😁 )To Achieve something big *I...