Why Linux ?

Before we start on debating & proving why 'Linux' is better than(or preferable) over Paid OS(Windows,OS X), we should know, I mean we 'must' know about men behind Linux.
Obviously, because our status is about to change from 'normal guy/girl' to 'Geek'.
Ha! that's what they call us (Linux users).

Mentioning two men, Richard Stallman & Linus Torvalds who are big-heads reason behind the evolution of OpenSource OS(Indirectly & directly respectively).But, being honest this Open-Source dream wouldn't be possible without those millions of developers working for Linux & other OpenSource community for free.
Since a decade or more there's beef going on between both juggernauts of OpenSource.
Sounds off-topic,you better read about them ... history was never this amusing.

So, Why Linux ?
1) Open-Source(Freedom) -> Open-source means the software of which source code is freely available, unlike other softwares whose certain rights are reserved. Which means you can modify it as per your wish & no-one is going to point finger on you & hence Linux is also said to be 'Hacker's home'.
Go in 'root' in terminal & govern your OS, yeah it's that easy.

2) Fast & Robust --> Creating faster processor is easy, but developing faster OS is pretty messy & Linux has mastered in that shit. You will never notice a single Linux OS getting hang & showing "not responding" crap, that's the charm of our Tux.
One more example is, it is still noticed that Linux mint works flawless in Pentium 4.

3) Easy Software downloading --> Everyone complains about problems with downloading of software in Linux. You can write a single line of code in terminal & whole package(collection of similar subject softwares.. eg: MySQL,Electronics,Development,Engineering..etc) will be installed automatically. Now, how much easy can it get ?
For people, who are not enjoying this type of installation, #-Link-Snipped-# has introduced "uBuntu Software center", simple as it sounds .. search in software center of whatever software you want & download it !

4) GUI --> Graphical User Interface is always a major reason of attraction towards Linux. But 'dopest' thing about Linux GUI is that you can change it, tweak it, play with it & make it work like you wanna see your OS. Some popular environments are GNOME โ€“ Simple, beautiful, elegant.,#-Link-Snipped-#,Xfce Desktop Environment and #-Link-Snipped-#. Gnome & KDE is very popular now-a-days. Tweak your environment & enjoy OpenSourcing.

5) Gaming --> Most kids are concerned that if they switch to Tux they won't be able to play hardcore blood-spilling Windows games. Well, Our little cute Penguin 'Linux' has everything for you. WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and macOS is the software that bridges gap between Windows & Linux, and lets the linux user to play Windows games/softwares in Linux system. If you are steam user, then uBuntu is 'the future'. #-Link-Snipped-#

6) Updates --> Regular updates over bug fixes in kernel, GRUB & OS are available. You don't need to download 700 MB to 4 GB shit everytime, just use update manager or terminal to update your system.Something like 'patching' & new contents will be available to you with minimal downloads.
Simple, Easy & FREE !

Food For Thought :
-Why to use pirated Operating system when Linux itself is giving you everything for FREE !?
-Most of Opensource/Free source programs are ruling over paid apps (one example is VLC with Opus - killer!, LibreOffice same as Windows Office )
-Why worry about Virus ? Tux is invulnerable to Viruses(This is God-like feeling)Eff you trojans hehe ๐Ÿ˜‰
-Why worry of getting detected by Windows/OS X system server for using pirated OS ?
-Why to pay for OS which don't let us tweak/edit/change the UI as per our style ?

This is an era of Open source & Free softwares.Enjoy Open-Sourcing.
Feel the 'Freedom'.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I will be posting more about Linux on how-to-install, tweaks, Custom fonts, Gaming in Linux, Installing video drivers, Desktop environment tweaks, and many more once I accomplish my course of midsem.

Hey MODs & Biggie, do give some appropriate title ... Nothing better came out of my brain ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    I will be posting more about Linux on how-to-install, tweaks, Custom fonts, Gaming in Linux, Installing video drivers, Desktop environment tweaks, and many more once I accomplish my course of midsem.

Hey MODs & Biggie, do give some appropriate title ... Nothing better came out of my brain ๐Ÿ˜€
    It would be great if you start separate threads for every topic under Linux so that people find it easier to comment on them. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    AbraKaDabra
    It would be great if you start separate threads for every topic under Linux so that people find it easier to comment on them. ๐Ÿ‘
    Aye aye ma'am. : )
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hey What is the actual difference between UNIX and Linux?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Unix is a multi-user operating system, one of the earliest, I guess. Linux is a "Unix-like" operating system. Both are different, but when Linus developed Linux, he was working on a variant of unix named minix. So, there are certain similarities. UNIX trademark is owned by The Open Group, and they made it a standard. Now, anything similar to that is commonly known as unix-like. So, basically they are two different operating system with certain similarities.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I'd like to know if there is a way that a BCA grad can go for freelancing projects in VB.Net? I have made my final year project in VB.Net...
Hello, my name is Dheeraj and I'm from Hyderabad....I am 2012 btech passed out btech graduate frm ece stream...i hav done course in java and now em thnking to join...
How many of you know that the total amount of data generated on the Interent every day amounts to is equivalent to about 250 million DVDs aka one 'exabyte'. But...
I have doubt that how people are making the plastic spoon metallic.Do they use chrome plating or graphite or any other stuff. Can any one help me to find out...
I'm not a mobile gamer but the game 'Hill Climb Racing' available on Android is really interesting and it can help you kill some time in a boring meeting or...