Can a BCA Grad go for freelancing projects?

Hi,
I'd like to know if there is a way that a BCA grad can go for freelancing projects in VB.Net?
I have made my final year project in VB.Net after I learned it online thru forums and MSDN.

I used VB.Net as the front end and MS SQL Server 2008 as the backend.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The best way to a find freelancing project is to register your skillset on freelancing website. Have you tried any of the popular websites for freelance projects?
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    I don't know of any!! Any Ideas? These will be free to register on right? I will also not be charging anything, Since I am very unsure if I am up to the task!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are several - freelancer, odesk, rentacoder and so on. But these websites would need a commercial commitment - that is if you deliver a project you'll get paid. Of course no one would be willing to give you a project if you're not sure of providing professional help.

However, you can start locally and check if you can deliver a project on your own. Say you talk to your local auto-garage and list out their requirements; then try to develop a software that will address their needs. You can even look at several project ideas contributed here as well.

If you're doing it all for learning - then you need not take up any project as a freelance project. Just pick up any project and get started.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Anyone can go for freelaunching ...Its only dependent on your skill set and work quality.
    Just for an instance I am using using custom Jelly Bean ROM on my Galaxy S2, developed (from google nexus source) by a 16 year old guy #-Link-Snipped-# , He is also part of SamMobile.

To get projects from client, first you need to show, you are capable of delivering their requirements. like, for java script you can start developing and some greasemonkey scripts, addon's for browsers and submit them to their official sites.Number of users and rating help you to increase your reputation in market and you can show that you have already developed some projects and people are using it.
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    Ok, so if I take up some of the project ideas, make a project in VB.Net, then upload them, I should be able to get started right? This will be exciting!! I can also upload my own project online after I've given the Viva and had it graded!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, my name is Dheeraj and I'm from Hyderabad....I am 2012 btech passed out btech graduate frm ece stream...i hav done course in java and now em thnking to join...
How many of you know that the total amount of data generated on the Interent every day amounts to is equivalent to about 250 million DVDs aka one 'exabyte'. But...
I have doubt that how people are making the plastic spoon metallic.Do they use chrome plating or graphite or any other stuff. Can any one help me to find out...
I'm not a mobile gamer but the game 'Hill Climb Racing' available on Android is really interesting and it can help you kill some time in a boring meeting or...
Which is the best college for doing post graduation in India and also over the world?