Why is capacity inversely proportional to volume?

I would like to know how capacity is inversly proportional to vacuum ? see the graph which is given below.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    N.SACHIN
    I would like to know how capacity is inversly proportional to vacuum ? see the graph which is given below.
    What does this graph represent? If it is about a pump, then for a given horse power, the graph is valid. The power consumed by a pump is directly related to the volumetric capacity/time x the vacuum level.
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    Sir it is about vacuum pump.From the above graph i can say that,if capacity increases vacuum decreases i.e how vacuum is inversly proportional to capacity ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am removing the earlier post as it was a bit confusing. Let me see if this is slightly better. For a vacuum pump the product of the volume of gas pumped in a given time and the pressure difference represents the power. This implies that a high capacity pump will have low pressure difference and vice versa. This the reason for the graph's shape.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Even in this era of Technology there are lots of people who believes in astrology (including my mother) so is there any scientific facts or truth behind this????
Hi, am working as a system admin in windows platform and working in a small company for past four years, i cant able to improve my skills and my salary...
NASA's Global Hawk is a remotely piloted aircraft is on a new mission to support National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) mission to improve the overall tracking of hurricanes and...
hai this is ajay nd gud eve to every one then my project on cleaning machine. i need information of machine nd it should be the help machine in a...
Hello everybody, For a new project we are looking into a more research orientated approach. Our company wants to invest into the best avaible products. So my question would be...