Why do trackpads on Windows suck & On Macbooks rock?

After reading countless reviews and experiencing one myself - it's clear that the trackpads on Windows machines absolutely suck and those on the Macbooks rock! Ask any of the Macbook owner who's used Windows based machines before and they'll bet their life's savings on the quality of trackpads that Macbooks have.

I wonder if it's just a software thing or hardware thing? All non-Apple manufacturers don't seem to get the way to design awesome and intuitive trackpads. Why is it so?

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Windows OEM don't have the luxury to charge high prices unlike Apple. So they are forced to use good enough components (not the best).
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I agree to anand that Windows produce products which are easily accessible by common people and satisfy their essential needs but this is not the case of apple who produce the best and costliest gdgets in the world.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CSK AUTO
    I agree to anand that Windows produce products which are easily accessible by common people and satisfy their essential needs but this is not the case of apple who produce the best and costliest gdgets in the world.
    Well apple inner design is a combination of the best from every company put into a single case nothing special in it

But I have to say that the product quality of Apple is better than Windows
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure how much of the difference it'd make if the laptop makers increase the price by Rs. 500 - which I believe should be enough for them to include a better quality trackpad.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Apple's magic trackpad comes @ $69 and here are the #-Link-Snipped-#

I am not able to track one for the windows Laptop as each and every laptop uses different ones Previous issues where due to some driver problem in it

But All is about to change in Windows 8.1 as can be seen in the #-Link-Snipped-#

Well the team up in Windows look like supers strong with Microsoft teaming up with Intel, Synaptics and Elan

Hope the feel gets better

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After the release of Fedora 19 Schrodinger's Cat, Fedora team & community is working on next upcoming upgrade of Fedora 20. Recently in the mailing list, some of the Fedora...
how to get a job in automobile industry or automobile manufacturing side......like ashok leyland..,,Hero,,honda,,audi,,bmw,,etc,,........?
When i was doing my 8th semester, we had a paper like this, as an elective. i did not choose to study it though, because it appeared to be more...
Say hello to Remy - a machine learning system developed by engineering team at MIT that will generate TCP congestion-control algorithms that outperform those created by humans. Professor Hari Balakrishnan,...
I see 40 logged in members! Something I've seen after a really long time - after we got screwed by Google for the nasty 404 errors. Hope the trend continues...