Why are slums prevalent in Urban India

I pose this highly debatable question to you : Why do you think that slums exist in India? Note that here I am not talking about their origin but their prevalence. Why have the endless Government schemes failed to clean up the mess? How would you deal with the problem? ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In my opinion, it's just a result of poor administration over decades. The government won't let people get good education and jobs because then it would be come harder to manipulate them. The government gets everything done only on paper, which is never put into action.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I think our government is good on the whole. But only a few corrupt officials create all problem The government should advertise its ideas and scheme more widely and vigorously to eradicate slums and poverty. The Government is very good. It is people who don't know about most of the schemes.
    So both Government and people should work towards getting those schemes. I think it is only ignorance that is doing harm.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    but in my view government should go with poor but not on the basis of caste
    i think government is in wrong track
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes NM I agree with you,
    Government should not give as per caste quota. I think it is a bad policy.
    But as far as we are concerned, we should try to rectify problems on our own We cannot ask Government each and every time to help us. For example a group of farmers recently built a temporary dam when Government was taking time ( actually delaying the project).
    The thing we must understand is that Government is a vast organisation. It cannot go everywhere. It is we who should work instead of complaining.

What say? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • tech_vaibhav_ee
    tech_vaibhav_ee
    That's the problem which will always lie in a capitalist country like India. One can't focus on all the sectors at the same time.
    Since the point of globalization in India in 1990's , the focus has been on the fast economic growth(Which is being achieved as well). But everything comes for a price. This fast paced growth is widening the gap b/w the poor and rich.
    Now, we can do two things. Either we can enjoy and appreciate this growth and see the poor getting poorer or the second way is to slow down the growth, which will bring the rich and poor close to each other.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    ishutopre
    Yes NM I agree with you,
    Government should not give as per caste quota. I think it is a bad policy.
    But as far as we are concerned, we should try to rectify problems on our own We cannot ask Government each and every time to help us. For example a group of farmers recently built a temporary dam when Government was taking time ( actually delaying the project).
    The thing we must understand is that Government is a vast organisation. It cannot go everywhere. It is we who should work instead of complaining.

What say? ๐Ÿ˜€
    ishu do you think people are becoming active with government policies
    in my view govt making people lazy with there policies
    i think there is no difference between people who are taking money for free and baggers
    i noticed that many are thinking govt should take care of us but how much govt can care without peoples hard work
    and if they were failed to get money from govt saying that is waste govt and that not caring people
    even politicians are saying as we give all praivillages to people and promising to get in elections
    i think i should stop here i am getting emotional taking about it
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Dear Ishu,
    Please do me a favour, define Government. I want the definition you read in those civic text books and also what you know about it. Please do define.

Thanks for the efforts in advance.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    "A government is the organization, machinery, or agency through which a political unit exercises its authority, controls and administers public policy, and directs and controls the actions of its members or subjects."

This is the definition of government from Wikipedia, but interestingly the same I learned in my text-book may be in 7th or 8th standard.

The Government is an organisation which organizes teams or committees for the development work of any State or part of state and also takes part in the well being of that region through development of its foreign policy.

According to me the Government is a monitoring body over the bureaucrats. It only manages people for the 'greater well being' or 'Bahujana hitay bahujana sukhay' of people.

The Government exercises its duty on the trust of people it gets. Any government to work efficiently must have the faith of its people. Hence The democratic system is considered the best.

After all Government is nothing but our own people ruling the country. If you are not satisfied we can always contest the election. Keep our views and get elected. We can hence always benefit the society by influencing it in a political manner.

But aj what happened? You look tense. :razz:
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    ishutopre
    I think our government is good on the whole. But only a few corrupt officials create all problem The government should advertise its ideas and scheme more widely and vigorously to eradicate slums and poverty. The Government is very good. It is people who don't know about most of the schemes.
    So both Government and people should work towards getting those schemes. I think it is only ignorance that is doing harm.
    Now, explain this in context with what you defined. Let me know how you can say that the Government is good and a few corrupt officials create the problem. Also, why don't people know about all the goodies Government has? How many people who know about these goodies get them, even if they lay down their lives for that? How do people turn ignorant?
    If you are bashed up by some politician, will you go and complain in the police station? No. If you would, will they file an FIR? No. If they would file an FIR, would anyone take an action to it? No. At last, what would hapen? You will end up in the hospital, you will loose a small part of your money in your hospital bills, and you will loose all your money giving each and every officer, inspector, havaldar, peon, sweeper, and anyone you see in the Government offices, and what will you get? You will be penalised and punished for trying to tarnish the reputation of a VIP, and you will suffer the rest of your life.
    Kindly let me know how the points you were highlighting with your words are actually in place and really true? Please do not give me on-the-paper kind of replies.
    Also, what I said above was just an example. Even though various things happen in various places across India, all have the same basic structure.
    Please feel free to correct me.
    Thanks!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Aj I still stick to my points. Whatever I defined is Theoretical as you asked. It is from book all theoretical.

But still I stick with my points. Government is good no doubt. But a few corrupt officials keep the good schemes from reaching the poor people. But It is also the duty of Citizens to search those schemes. For example many students are unaware of the scholarships which they may get but being ignorant they lose opportunities.

Now the question whether will I lodge an FIR? Well I will try. Well don't ask me ( I will not reply), but there are a lot of ways to get the things done. Everyone know those ways. ๐Ÿ˜€

And yes just chill. :razz:
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    The Government is Good, hmmm, I hope what you are trying to say is that the Government is supposed to be good, but the corrupt officers keep it bad by letting the good schemes away from the people.
    And I am amused by the contrast in your post. Its really interesting to know a person who says both sides of the topic by himself. In a debate, we have to be at one side, not at both sides.

Didn't understand what I meant?
    Along with sticking to your point, which is really commendable, you are also saying the below quoted words.

ishutopre
    Now the question whether will I lodge an FIR? Well I will try. Well don't ask me ( I will not reply), but there are a lot of ways to get the things done. Everyone know those ways. ๐Ÿ˜€

And yes just chill. :razz:
    Really, you are unique. You are admitting that you cannot get things done without some "those ways", which are nothing but sheer corruption "by the people, for the people". ๐Ÿ˜
    You are admitting that corruption is the best way to get things done in India.
    This is the only reason why slums prevail in India.
    Hope you understood.
    Thanks.
    P.S.- Hey, I am not tensed? Its my words, they are always like that, ask others about it. I am smiling all the way.
  • Reya
    Reya
    ishutopre

According to me the Government is a monitoring body over the bureaucrats. It only manages people for the 'greater well being' or 'Bahujana hitay bahujana sukhay' of people.

It is the duty of the government to see whether the schemes reached the people to eradicate poverty.How do individuals know about the schemes introduced by the government, if the corrupt officials prevent them from reaching people??

There are so many people who give bribe after lodging an FIR to get some response for the complaint they made.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hi aj, I am not talking about doing corruption. But 'don't have to be ready to fight always'. Just tell me frankly ' had the system not been efficient nobody could have detected 2G spectrum scam and CWG scam'.
    Its only because the system is good that is why a union minister himself (A Raja) is behind bars and facing trial.

the ways I mention is you can go to consumer forum, there is an efficient judiciary system etc.. Please don't misunderstand me.

What you mentioned in previous post that people beat you and you will end up spending your money in bribing official is all filmy style. I does not always exist in the real world. The truth always wins. That is why we have arrested so many corrupt officials.

One more thing if you say Government is bad, it is because of us. We have the power to chose our leader. (unlike other neighboring countries.). I think we have an efficient system that is why we voted congress out of power in 1977s.
    What say?

P.S: Please keep your frank view. This debate is going interesting. Hope we will be able to conclude something good. I am on Government side.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I agree with Praveena. According to me we should discuss how to make current system even more efficient instead of arguing on Whether Government is good or bad.
    We can cite examples of other countries instead of only talking of Bharat. In this way according to me we can make this debate even more fruitful.
    What say?
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    ishutopre
    Its only because the system is good that is why a union minister himself (A Raja) is behind bars and facing trial. I am on Government side.
    Let me take you a bit away from the topic, do you think that A Raja has single handedly gobbled up the crores??? Does he have that much capacity? Do you think he could have done? It has not been proved, and it is a hush hush stuff that he is not the person behind it. He is just the scape-goat. That is where I get the point against your view. I can say this, but I cannot prove the above point. That is because the LAW has a lot of loopholes, and you need to have strong evidence to prove something. How ironical. This is the problem. The corrupt officers are good enough (for these rascals known to us as politicians) to wipe out the evidences, or at least tamper with them. Due to this tampering, the real culprits get away, and the A. Rajas are trapped. A. Raja cannot have guts to do all this without the backing of a strong political master/masters. It is not his brainchild.
    Now, I would like to talk about that one sentence which caught my eye.
    What you mentioned in previous post that people beat you and you will end up spending your money in bribing official is all filmy style. I does not always exist in the real world. The truth always wins. That is why we have arrested so many corrupt officials.
    Dear ishu, please do not tell me that you have never tried to tread out of your home, school, college, office. Do not tell me that you have never seen the newspapers lately. Well, if you want to stick to this point of yours, please do one thing. There are countless places in India where you can see this alleged filmy style in reality. Go to one of these places. Justice is a rare phenomenon in those places.
    Truth may win, but not directly.
    People get kidnapped, everything hapens, actually, it is estimated that almost 40% of rape and missing cases are not reported. Inhumanity is not punished if the inhuman is a close aide of a politician. Its a shockingly amusing world out there, take a walk around you will see, and you will really come over and join my side... ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    praveena211
    It is the duty of the government to see whether the schemes reached the people to eradicate poverty.How do individuals know about the schemes introduced by the government, if the corrupt officials prevent them from reaching people??

There are so many people who give bribe after lodging an FIR to get some response for the complaint they made.
    ishutopre
    I agree with Praveena. According to me we should discuss how to make current system even more efficient instead of arguing on Whether Government is good or bad.
    You agree with Praveena? If you do agree with praveena, you are already against your own side. You are against Government. Because praveena had talked against Government.

We can cite examples of other countries instead of only talking of Bharat. In this way according to me we can make this debate even more fruitful.
    What say?
    Ok. SO you are saying that the Government must copy catting or aping the other countries? Actually, you are insulting the Government, and you are saying that you are on the Government's side??? Hmm, how is that possible...????
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Come on AJ, Are you in Rebuttal? From where do you get this much energy?
    I love my Government.
    I agree with Praveena only on the issue that we must debate on making the current system faster. If you notice then sufficient progress has been made in Raja's case. People are getting arrested if they have anything to do with any scam. The only thing is that the process is slow. We need to make it fast. Can you contribute some useful ideas for doing so?

Again I am telling the corrupt officials in the (Good) government make things slower. How to eradicate this 'slowness'?

And yes one more thing I love my Government more than my wife

(P.s: I currently don't have any!) :razz:
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    ishutopre
    Aj Government is good no doubt. But a few corrupt officials keep the good schemes from reaching the poor people. But It is also the duty of Citizens to search those schemes.
    If you are talking about the government policies like Manrega, pds then sure these are good policies but are they reaching the people they are made for? Our prime minister fails to realise that he is not working in a nation of dedicated people. He is in a nation where no one works until forced to. He is not at all able to control corruption.

aj_onduty
    Dear ishu, please do not tell me that you have never tried to tread out of your home, school, college, office. Do not tell me that you have never seen the newspapers lately. Well, if you want to stick to this point of yours, please do one thing. There are countless places in India where you can see this alleged filmy style in reality. Go to one of these places. Justice is a rare phenomenon in those places.
    Truth may win, but not directly.
    People get kidnapped, everything hapens, actually, it is estimated that almost 40% of rape and missing cases are not reported. Inhumanity is not punished if the inhuman is a close aide of a politician. Its a shockingly amusing world out there, take a walk around you will see, and you will really come over and join my side... ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I agree. There are a lot of examples where the cases are closed due to influence of rich and powerful people, like cases of Arushi, neelu, anushka, just to name a few. Ishu i think you should begin reading newspapers.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    ishutopre
    Come on AJ, Are you in Rebuttal? From where do you get this much energy?
    Stop eating junk food and do a lotof exercise, you will be in full energy all day. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love my Government.
    @ishu, tell me one thing, is it you or has our PM hacked into your account?
    I agree with Praveena only on the issue that we must debate on making the current system faster.
    You said in one post that we must not think about the current systems, but must ape other countries. Yes, you did not use the word ape, but you said we must observe other countries. And now you agree that we must make the current systems faster?

If you notice then sufficient progress has been made in Raja's case. People are getting arrested if they have anything to do with any scam. The only thing is that the process is slow. We need to make it fast. Can you contribute some useful ideas for doing so?
    From this, I would like to quote something...
    People are getting arrested if they have anything to do with any scam.
    This is what is happening. They are not trying to go after the culprit.
    What about Adarsh scam, and the new stud farmer from Pune? Why are their cases taking this much time? Its the ugly system you are boasting about.

Again I am telling the corrupt officials in the (Good) government make things slower.
    Dude, I am telling you again and again, that the definition of G-o-v-e-r-n-m-e-n-t is good, but not the actual thing. The actual thing, currently, is nothing but a bunch of c-r-i-m-e organisers and c-r-i-m-e share-holders who have signed an MOU with everyone in the pack.
    How to eradicate this 'slowness'?
    Simple, Punish the scam brainchilds, you have hackers in China and other countries, the Government should appoint hackers to hack in Swiss account informations and find out
    who's who. Does anyone have guts for that? No.

I love my Government more than my wife
    Please do not marry. (This is a suggestion to save a girl's life, whoever she is ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜‰)
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    Poor governance. corrupt officials and population explosion could be the reasons.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    andyKane
    Poor governance. corrupt officials and population explosion could be the reasons.
    Learn something ishu, learn something...
    ๐Ÿ˜
    :razz:
    ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I disagree with you miss. Varsha and Mr. aj_onduty

Government officials are not always corrupt if you are thinking. They are actually more co-operative to the common public.

@Varsha: I read news paper more than anyone else read. I not only read news paper but also think on what I read.

If you don't know of Monica Kirnapure, she was murdered in day light. public witnessing it could have saved her but no they only blame police. Such coward public its a shame to talk about them. That public was pathetic! Police officials are not getting any clue in spite of trying hard. It is the fault of public that in spite of knowing about the murderers, no one is coming forward. The police is leaving no stone unturned. but in vain because people are coward.
    So please don't blame police or Government because fault finding is easy but finding solutions is difficult.

@ aj_onduty: Do you know recently Malkangiri collector R.V Krishna got kidnapped by Naxals? Do you know what was the day and how he got kidnapped? It was id-e-milad. It was a government holiday. He was working by going in between the villagers on a Government holiday. He was reviewing the development work in the Naxal affected villages when Naxals kidnapped him. He could have easily stayed at home enjoying TV but no, he was working even on Holidays. That R.V Krishna has done so many good things for Adivasis that the local people themselves mounted pressure on Naxals to release them.
    These are the same people who support Naxalism but the work done by Krishna is so good that people are ready to do anything for their collector.

And yes Mr. aj_onduty, I am here to learn new things. that is why I am here.

@Mr andykane: Please visit any SBI branch or any other government office. The employees there are more co-operative than any private sector employee.
    You may even compare, the working of postal departments and various courier services. You will find that the Government's postal services are very very cheap and more reliable than the private sector. Don't only argue. First go and visit the offices.

@Everyone, I urge you it is not a debate topic whether Government is good or bad. But we must discuss how to make current system even more efficient. That is why I am here for. And it has got more value than baseless arguments.
  • Farjand
    Farjand
    I urge you it is not a debate topic whether Government is good or bad. But we must discuss how to make current system even more efficient. That is why I am here for. And it has got more value than baseless arguments.
    I too feel that we must discuss how we can increase efficiency of Government instead of blaming it. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • tech_vaibhav_ee
    tech_vaibhav_ee
    When you say about our system being efficient, it is true but only on paper. Our constitution is one of the most powerful. Our democracy is one of the most powerful. We have schemes for the poor and oppurtunities for the middle class. (I know that our system is not perfect but still its really powerful). But the problem comes when we come to practicalities. Schemes for the poor never reach them. Middle class never gets its worth. And high class gets richer day by day by exploiting the other two classes.
    So, what is the solution?
    "making the current system more efficient". No, our system is already efficient enough if implemented properly.
    What needs to be done is to eradicate corruption completely out of the system (easier said than done!!)
    How can we do it: Those who are corrupt cannot be changed easily. The youth who is going into the system needs to be clean. If we'll be clean, our children will follow our example and be clean and so on.
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    @Mr andykane: Please visit any SBI branch or any other government office. The employees there are more co-operative than any private sector employee.
    You may even compare, the working of postal departments and various courier services. You will find that the Government's postal services are very very cheap and more reliable than the private sector. Don't only argue. First go and visit the offices.
    First of all, SBI is a nationalized bank and by saying officials corrupt, I am not including these guys. Other thing about post and all: Dude, I never said I have any problem with government services. In fact,I feel some of them like "Indian Railway" are best. We are talking about slums here and hence it is SO obvious that Government is a bit responsible. I stand by my statement :Poor governance. corrupt officials and population explosion could be the reasons.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    OK So I assume that Mr. AndyKane and you all know that there are a small shortcomings in Government as any system is not 100% ideal. But we can try to achieve perfection, that is the important question.
    If any one trying to discuss for or against Government Please do not involve me those baseless arguments. I will however be very happy to tell you all the solutions I have found out.

@Mr. aj_onduty: You can use examples from Foreign Government( Please do not argue) as to how they function. We can prepare a rough draft of how to improvise and eradicate poverty, slums and unemployment etc from the system.

Agreed? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • tech_vaibhav_ee
    tech_vaibhav_ee
    @ishutopre

Get to the base of problem!!
    Suppose in terms of technicalities, right now our system is 75% efficient. But in terms of implementation, only 25% of it is being put into sytem.
    Even if we make the system 100% perfect, the implementation % won't change.It will still remain at 25%.
    Also, we as citizens have no role to play in that 75 to 100% transition.
    Our role comes when we need to shift from 25% implementation to a higher value. We need to be clean and ensure that the future genration also remains clean together with movements to throw out the corrupts.
    Nothing will matter until we make our system corruption free.
    Now, If we really want to give any meaning to this thread, we need to come out with solutions to eradicate corruption. Solutions which are practical and can be implemented by a common man.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yup tech_vaibhav_ee! For that I have one suggestion. Instead on depending on Government for small things, we can form small committees in our area who will take care of any problems in that area. What say?

The committee can be guided by the local corporator or any respected individual of the area. ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S: Come on people contribute your Crazy ideas. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • tech_vaibhav_ee
    tech_vaibhav_ee
    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Sorry I couldn't access he NET yesterday, Real good conversation went on in here, now, lets debate.
    ishutopre
    I disagree with you miss. Varsha and Mr. aj_onduty
    If you don't know of Monica Kirnapure, she was murdered in day light. public witnessing it could have saved her but no they only blame police. Such coward public its a shame to talk about them. That public was pathetic! Police officials are not getting any clue in spite of trying hard. It is the fault of public that in spite of knowing about the murderers, no one is coming forward. The police is leaving no stone unturned. but in vain because people are coward.
    [/B][/B]
    Sir,
    I apologize on behalf of the people who kept quiet. But kindly let us know if you are in a situation where you see a few people, wearing a party uniform, or a few people who you know are party officials or close aides of biggies doing such henius crime, or even worse, will you complain? Will you be an eyewitness? Let me tell you dear sir, you will be killed within seconds. Consider yourself lucky if you are killed, if you are not, then not just you,but your family will face the wrath. Well yes, you can try to nail them to the tree of law, but for that, you need to have proof. The proof should never be destructible, as its life is doomed to be short lived.And in the book of loopholes(read it as the book of law), there are ways to go scotfree mentioned between the lines.
    Out of all the loopholes found, only those loopholes are amended and destroyed which pose a threat to the politicians. And new loopholes are also made so that the politicians can get the most of the aam admi.
    And sir, I will keep calling you sir till you stop calling me Mister. ๐Ÿ˜
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    ishutopre
    Yup tech_vaibhav_ee! For that I have one suggestion. Instead on depending on Government for small things, we can form small committees in our area who will take care of any problems in that area. What say?

The committee can be guided by the local corporator or any respected individual of the area. ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S: Come on people contribute your Crazy ideas. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Committee? As if there was a need of another one. There are NGOs in every nook and corner. Again, I urge you with due respect to tread out of the securities of your home.
    Dear sir,
    Please, no more.
    And from your words, I mean, after reading it again, I smell an idea of a parallel Government. Even if that is the case, how do you think that committee guided with a corporator going to do anything good? Cmon, who is that, God? Corporators are the people who allow the hell which we see now come down to public from the top ends of the Government.(Actually, they were supposed to bring the goodies down, but they use it themselves, not the whole thing, as the higher officials take the bigger share and throw the bones to the corporators.)
    And, we cannot have parallel law, or anything. It has been banned by the Government.
    ๐Ÿ˜
    Lets see... I just want a better India.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    lol Well yes OK I will call you Ajit. You may call me Ishan or Ishu whatever you like. Is that OK? ๐Ÿ˜

But if we keep on giving negative responses, then we will be get no where. Why don't we contribute some great ideas?

One such idea is In Japan people are given training since birth how to tackle various situations. That is why we are seeing less disturbance in Japanese community today even after such a destructive earthquake.
    Why don't we also imbibe some of their qualities in our education system since childhood. So that not instantly but gradually we can also be a more civilized society?

What say?
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Ishu,
    This is where we come together. I wanted that word to come from you. Even though you did not utter that word, you talked about that idea. We need training centres. Centres of excellence.
    Well, we cannot just input these things through another organisation or another institution, as the kids of today are fed-up with those extra-institutional affairs(the requirement to attend more than one institution in one day), they need to attend coaching classes, entrance coaching, dance coaching, places where they teach how to hold your spoons, knives, forks and a lot of other things in the process, how to do what you usually do, etc. WE need to eradicate that first, as this is making the students to do, and not to think. People today are good at getting into IITs, IIMs etc. and the new generation is aiming only for getting to the top, and not trying to know what India is. Why is this happening? Who is to blame? Well, if you are interested, kindly waste your time blaming the parents of the new generation. But when you do, please do remember that you are also doomed to be a parent. Think on the subject when you are fit enough to think by imagining yourself in these parents' shoes. All they are doing is nothing but trying to get their children to the top in the quickest possible way. They are just following their instincts. Its the duty of the alert citizen to educate the new-born parents (Yes, parents are born with their kids.)The parents are to be trained a lot,they need to know what is really right and what is actually wrong in their way of training their bundles of joy. Well, it may work only 50 percent for the first batches, but it will surely spread to the lot. If we start now, the first year engg students will be the best parents.
    I have a lot to say about this one, but now, its lunch time, and when I am hungry, I can think only of one thing, that is food. So, I WILL BE BACKK... ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    We really require schools, rather institutions for people 18 years of age and above, on holidays, which stresses on the art of molding future citizens(their own kids). First, they should be taught of what are present in the law book. In short, they need to be educated in law to the levels of an LLB.Once they are enlightened in it, then it would be time to train them how to utilize what they learned. This can be done by citing examples of old cases where the law had served justice and also where it could have. This should be done specifically for each law. This kind of a workshop has to be mandatory for each and every citizen of India and Government has to fund it. The environment for this should be enjoyable, and there must be classes which have pupils divided according to their age. For example, people from age 18-25 should comprise of one division, 26-35 in the next, and so on(just like various divisions we find in our grades.) This would reduce the people's use of technology for fun, and people will socialize, neighbors will recognize each other and there would be better unity among communities. This is the best thing a citizen can do, instead of strikes, killing, honour killing, picketing, if the 'political parties'(who are supposed to do good for the people, which they are failing to)would take this initiative and make this a reality, then they deserve to be our ministers. But no political party will do this. In fact, they would oppose it, as people will get educated and they will start to know what is what and what is not. They will understand each and every scam in the best way and they will stop corruption. And corruption is the only thing which politicians want to happen so as to earn their "bread".
    You know, if any politician does read this, they can actually sue me for hurting their honour, if matters get worse, they can put me into jail and a few would protest against those who put me into jail. What the doers would do will be justified from the quotes where I talk about them, but they will never bring to light about the strategies which I talked about.
    Thus, they will crush me, my little idea, and also my family. They will ruin everything that has my name on it. That can happen. That will happen if someone does take this seriously. And if you see a report in the paper of seeing some unknown dead body, understand that it would be the dead body of someone who tried to make India better. If anyone thinks that this idea is a good one, kindly think more about it. If not, kindly analyze and do tell me what is really wrong in it, and what can I do to improve my answer.
    Thank you.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    No activity?
    Oh, come on, don't tell me that there are no points to argue in those words of mine, why are you drying this debate out? Someone, say something.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Ajit, no I was just wandering how to reply. I have got loads of ideas but was unsure as to how to put them before everyone in best possible manner.
    OK, first of all we should make our mother tongue compulsory. Now this is more of a problem Because we are having a lot of languages. We can opt for Sanskrit though. Because if we can get used to ENGLISH we can sure make Sanskrit as our language. We can again revive it. This is the most perfect language the world has ever seen. We can use it for computers also.

Next we can change our society a bit. But can we really ask our younger generation to leave home as soon as they get mature? NO, but we can actually inculcate those manners in them . "Sanskar" In today's date, we are seeing youngsters indulging in saying bad words and bunking classes. Have our parents failed in establishing an ideal for us? What do you think?
  • Viraj Voditel
    Viraj Voditel
    Well, this has turned out to be a very healthy debate, especially from @ishutopre and @aj_onduty.

Someone said that Govt. has lots of good policies but most of them do not come to the notice of the common people because of some corrupt officials. I would like to state that most of the Govt. policies (if not all) have been stated on the net, albeit under different websites of every diff sector.

For eg., there are lots of excellent policies that the Govt. has in mind for slum rehabilitation, and they have even been put on the net, but none has been implemented. There are lots and lots of reasons. Maybe due to corruption (shortcoming of the Govt.) or there are protests from the slum dwellers (no mistake of the Govt. at all!)
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Thus, they will crush me, my little idea, and also my family. They will ruin everything that has my name on it. That can happen. That will happen if someone does take this seriously. And if you see a report in the paper of seeing some unknown dead body, understand that it would be the dead body of someone who tried to make India better. If anyone thinks that this idea is a good one, kindly think more about it. If not, kindly analyze and do tell me what is really wrong in it, and what can I do to improve my answer.
    Thank you.
    lol Why Ajit will any one kill you. But yes if you keep on doing baseless arguments I will thrash you to a pulp. Don't worry we will recognize you in case people throw your dead body in a slum. lol

Anyways jokes apart, I have got another idea. As viraj mentions, we can get the informations of those sites on CE. This may help people. Because searching each and every site is difficult for people.
    Another thing is improving our PDS i.e.; Public distribution system. I f we can improve it then we can not only save a lot of food grains but we can apply same system in other fields also.

Another forgotten point is about NGOs. As Ajit mentions, there are a lot of NGOs but how many do you know that work? Very few. Mostly those NGOs are nothing but private institutions created to manage the money of super-rich people. We should have a law to ban them. But this is hardly possible. I also recognize them. Instead we can form citizens groups who will find and tell abot Government policies to the people of that region.
    And don't be afraid, nobody will crush your little idea.

What say everyone?

(P.S: You sound to be a funny person Ajit. May be someday we will meet in person.)
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    ishutopre
    baseless arguments
    Yes,
    They are baseless arguments. Yes, they are. That is because I am an aam admi. And every one wants proof of what the aam admi talks about. This is the real reason why India is still one of the poorest countries.
    This is the only reason why the citizen of India are suffering. And ishu, I really doubt your identity. I simply do not know why you are asking for a base and/or proof for things which we all know is true but even the best in the field can not come up with a proof.
    If the best ones cannot do, how can I? I am an aam admi.

I hereby consider myself unfit for a debate in this section as I am using "baseless" allegations, as pointed out by CEan ishutopre. I hereby end my argument apologizing to everyone for the same. I apologize to the admin for making such allegations and tainting their website. Sorry.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I hereby consider myself unfit for a debate in this section as I am using "baseless" allegations, as pointed out by CEan ishutopre. I hereby end my argument apologizing to everyone for the same. I apologize to the admin for making such allegations and tainting their website. Sorry.
    No Aj I was just joking. Don't go. You are contributing good points. If you go, the debate will be left with nothing.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    ishutopre
    No Aj I was just joking. Don't go. You are contributing good points. If you go, the debate will be left with nothing.
    One second thought...
    ishutopre
    (P.S: You sound to be a funny person Ajit. May be someday we will meet in person.)
    At least some one felt that I am funny. That makes my day. That makes the day for the alleged 'angry young man'.
    The only way I can pay this debt is by being active here.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Why did this thread die out? People this topic has a lot of undiscussed points.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    the thing is that government fails to create a proper awareness among these poor section of people. to some extent it can be considered to be political because the politicians do not want the life style to improve as they would be left with no one to exploit. their vote bank will be done away with if people get civilized. political strategising has been rising its ugly head very fast. anna hazare recently has taken a great step to behead the ugly corruption head in India by introducing the Lokpal bill.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    You all made very good points but I don't think it's really the fault of the government that those slums still exist in India and its really our own fault, if we have anything going wrong in our country its our duty to question the authorities and no one I think(even me) doing it and India is Democratic Country and we represent our own government. If the government does wrong it must be our mistake choosing a wrong person for the job.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Nice debate up there ๐Ÿ˜€

In my opinion, slums are prevalent in cities because there is more development in cities than in rural areas. Many people from rural areas come to cities to eek out a living, but fail to earn a good amount and end up living in a slum to cut expenses.
    Why does Mumbai has such a big slum? It is because of extensive development and job opportunities, too many people migrate there in search of better living. Yes I said too many people, and as there are too many people less jobs remain, so people agree on less salaries and hence the slums. Not only Mumbai but all major cities.

Now to overcome this issue, I guess, the Government should develop rural areas and urban areas in balance.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Already, the CM of TN, has announced hutless TN! They have built around 2500 concrete houses for those who lived in the huts. But seriously, no idea if this is true, but they have been putting this till the elections here... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are two poles of equal height 15mts. One cable with length 16mts is hanging between that two poles. The height from center of the cable to earth is 7mts...
I wish CEan - Praveenscience, A Many More Happy Returns of the Day! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ :myparty: :myparty: :myparty: :myparty: Hope you have a Successful, Brightful and Fruitful Year...
can any one tell me how to make a ubuntu live usb please...thankyou
CALL FOR PAPERS - 2011 SOFTWAREFIRST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE 2011 SoftwareFirst International Conference (SoftwareFirst2011) 14th - 17th November 2011, Mauritius 2011 SoftwareFirst International Conference The conference aims to bring together academics,...
Google Chrome soon to get new icon. The new icon features plain colors and is in 2D than earlier 3D. Google says that the new icon is easier to draw....