Why all laptops & computer systems are rectangular in shape?

y all the system and laptops are rectangle in shape.....y it cant be in some other shapes???is der any reasons 4 it

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Only convention, I believe. The old television and the computer monitors were having an aspect ratio of 4:3. Probably all videographic repesentations and soft ware came to use this, which has become industry standard. This is also the aspect ratio of a US 'letter size' or Quarto.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Its came from the convention books and notebooks are in rectangle shape .
    One more thing if you observe in what shape you project your eye capturing area. its close to and open book or 16:9 ratio. maybe that is why our books and laptops are in rectangular shape
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thread moved to Chit Chat Section.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I think to place it properly we need the shape to be rectangular , if its speherical then we cant place it at one place 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can Electronics and Telecommunication engineer (B.E.) give GATE exam in Computer Science? Also, is vice-versa applicable?
Absolute Zero's take on The ultimate moment of realization in an engineering college
Mozilla has began rolling out the latest version of Firefox. If you are on FF, your browser might have already started updating itself. The latest addition to FF includes Google...
Hi friends,Myself Poonam Dwivedi I have done BSc with mathematics from st.Xavier's ,Ahmedabad. I m pursuing M.C.A ,in the 5th semester, at Department Of Computer Science,Saurashtra University, Rajkot. And i...
The center has decided to include, one more subject "finance", In order to create awareness among the people, whose large part of saving is locked in gold, real estate and...