Which type of protocols GPIB,LXI are? Are they Instrumentation Control bus or Networking protocols?

hai frds,
After a long gap i am using this forum, really happy to see you again guys,
Ok, lets get into one discussion
I am working in embedded field, here i came to know about GPIB,LXI and so on. I search in internet i can't get exact answer.
HERE I NEED TO KNOW ,"Which type of protocol is GPIB , LXI are?

Plz share what do you know about GPIB, LXI ,
your responses are welcome..

Replies

• Prajakta Kelapure
    Prajakta Kelapure
    GPIB: General purpose interface bus.
    robust and reliable communication bus.
    it uses parallel bus, gives low latency(time a message takes to travel the system)
    It connects and control multiple devices from different vendors.
    It is rarely placed on to the PC. Additional plug in comnnection such as GPIB-USB is used.Thus it requires special cables and controllers which add cost

LXI: LAN eXtension of Instrumentation
    low cost
    much faster block data transfer rate than GPIB
    gives all benefit of LAN technology

These all are stand alone intrumentation buses

for further query check this paper
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • P Santhosh Kumar
    P Santhosh Kumar
    Thanks you Prajakta Kelapure

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia was once the most dominant cellphone company. But after Android got popular Nokia lost its position in the cellphone market as it was slow to evolve with time. As...
No one really talks about how to deal with rejection in a job interview. Most of the interview related talks are focused on how to crack every interview; but it's...
Whenever you visit a Facebook page, most of us tend to gauge the popularity of the page by the number of likes. Well, it turns out the ‘likes’ may be...
Are we getting an App for CE? or some update like Chat feature or something like that?
I want to recover my nokia phone unexpectedly the files (vedios) are deleted 2years back.Is it possible to recover data from phone.If possible which software is best for that.Can any...