Which programming language is more suitable for Game Development?

I'm making sports simulation game kind of based on Football Manager.I want to know which language is more suitable.C++ or python or is there any other language which I should look for.Any suggestion on how to go about game development is welcome

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My wild guess - C++ for game engine development.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    lot of games developed with visual c++. SO My suggestion is visual c++
  • gamutree
    gamutree
    Any ideas abt python or lua.....how good they are
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    gamutree, any language in which you are comfortable in would be a good start. Sometimes you may want to scope out the game which you are set out to make for e.g does it require an extensive graphics functionality? does it require you to use a certain data structure (OOP for eg)?

Once you have done that, then see if the language you are comfortable in (I guess python), meets those requirements. If not, then just post here and we will be more than happy to help you with selecting the right language.

As long as you let us play the game 😁
  • gamutree
    gamutree
    @Kidakaka
    Yes u'll very much get a copy of my game.Right now I can say that we will deal with databases.Game is largely based on Football Manager series.We have zeroed down on python but I'm still considering c++ and lua.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    gamutree,
    I guess C++ will help v/s Python. I would not consider Lua because I seriously doubt its capability to play around with objects and databases.
  • gamutree
    gamutree
    well I'm going with python because it's a devil that i don't know and one of my friends wants python coz of it's less typing and better docs over lua though still is it a wise choice or am I being stupid
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Gamutree, if your learning of python language is more important, then go for it. If getting the game work is, then re-think the decision 😀

C++ would also be an interesting implementation. But now even I am curious to know your approach for a python implementation. If possible do share some initial documents with us 😀
  • gamutree
    gamutree
    Kidakaka
    thanks for all your responses.....well working on GDD will get back to u aeap
  • VijayCE
    VijayCE
    I saw many games developed in C++. it should be good for game development.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I’ve got a flywheel driving the rotor of a dc brushless dc motor, and I want to store the generated electrical energy to a reservoir capacitor. The question is...
Jarvis is the A.I. computer program which runs the internal systems of the protagonist Tony Stark's home in the movie IronMan. It is an extremely interactive software which not only...
CEans, We are accepting guest posts/articles for CrazyEngineers official blog - "VoiCE". If you wish to contribute and be on the front page of CE 😀 , please read the...
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...ing-articles-blog-posts-ce-official-blog.html in this thread.
Every engineer has had his/her fill of labs in the entire 4 years of engineering studies: ED, Workshop, Electronics labs, electrical labs, computer labs and so on. We have also...