Memorable lab experiences

Every engineer has had his/her fill of labs in the entire 4 years of engineering studies: ED, Workshop, Electronics labs, electrical labs, computer labs and so on. We have also had our share of vivas (life threatening, life altering whatever you may call them).

So share your quirky experiences from the LABS in this space.

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I enjoy my lab so much in so many ways,,,,,,,,

In UNIX lab,, we enjoy a lot by messaging with friends....

In JAVA lab,,, we share the programs from one system to other through LAN and start chatting with friends....

And about VIVA....Its my good luck i think so that i will get very simple and easy questions to answer...........it is very happy to say this.....

WINNERS DONT DODIFFERENT THINGS..THEY DO THINGS DIFERENTLY.....
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    not much in ENG, but i loved my final year project which I did in ECIL. ECIL was developing automatic cameras for currency printing firm in Nasik. So I actually felt lucky whole of three months participating and learning from the lead there. And guess what I scored an awesome score of 198/200 ( no I am not lying) in final year project. I loved it.

second I can say was my PPP project ๐Ÿ˜, this man named Sameer, literally made me work like hell for it. i loved it though and i developed respect for him ๐Ÿ˜€ That project actually made me interested in Computer networking and Internetworking . This was some 5 year ago.
  • tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    Many years ago I taught Physics in a small private high school. I recall a lab where I assigned two students to set up a mechanics experiment. It used a spark generator that burnt marks on a strip of paper to record acceleration of a sliding mass. There were about 6 students and myself in the class. We were standing around the lab table. The mass began to slide. The spark generator was turned on. Suddenly we all began to jump rhythmically .

The students had not attached one of the wires from the spark generator securely. It had come loose and touched against a faucet in the lab table. We were all getting shocked.

I had to sit down for a few minutes after that experience.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I has similar experience in My engineering.

In Machines Lab, we do have power sockets to connect to our DC - Motor which i have to run a test.

I accidentally touched one of the socket , i suffered huge shock.

I was unconscious for 15mins .

• smita89
    smita89
    LOL some nice experiences! My computer labs were all very drab because we had HAWKS for teachers ๐Ÿ˜” Had fun in the electronics lab when I burnt a bread board and couple of ICs. Most memorable of all was the workshop in the first yr.

Being in an all girls college, we rarely (if ever) worked in the workshop. Most of it was done by the lab assistants while we stood by the side and "observed" LOL.. after that most of the time was spent on the phone talking to friends ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh yes, workshop was pretty interesting. It was my first exposure to arc welding, lathe and milling machinery and aluminum foundry (got to wear that silver astronaut-like suit to pour the molten metal into the cast). Contrary to what smita says, the girls in my class did do some work at least.. though they were duly assisted by their ever helpful/macho male peers ๐Ÿ˜‰ There was one time when I accidentally touched my workpiece right after welding a joint. It was still red hot. I suppose you can say it hurts literally like blazes ๐Ÿ˜›

Computer, electronics and communication labs were pretty standard. Did burn some components, though thankfully did not get electrocuted or fried by microwave antennas.

I did join a robotic lab club for fun. Had to stay up for 27 hours to finish the damn line follower up till competition time though.
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    @ash workshop lab i had the simolar experiences too welding,lathe machine,drilling.
    In the Electrical machines lab i switched on the Dc motor accidentally my dupatta plunged into the fan of the motorand i foolishly tried to pull it instead of switching the power off!!!! most horrifying experience.
    Electronics,computers were cool enoughwith the ac in the labs.
  • safwan
    safwan
    ahh! for me don't talk specially bio which is the the one i was fade up from plants and animals ๐Ÿ˜’ but ya physics lab was my ferrite lab and chemistry lab we use to call it game lab as our teacher was some kind of stupid who dont , teach and we don't learn.๐Ÿ˜‰
    But when i came to grade 11 (right now i am in 12) i had computer lab only i love those 2 periods ๐Ÿ˜‰ in week i use to be busy in those two periods and the lab assistant became my fan after seeing my enthusiasm.๐Ÿ˜‰

any way still in 12 i like my info lab(computer).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is there any difference between writing and burning ???๐Ÿ˜Ž
Small Talk Link: Gerard Beekmans โ€“ Building Linux From Scratch - CrazyEngineers Interview Credits: CEan - Durga Discuss the interview in this thread! ๐Ÿ˜€
Building the vocabulary : Nihongo o Narau - Learn Japanese This is the link which has sufficient set of words which can be learn't over the period of time, by...
send me details about sensotronis brake sontrol plz
Hello Crazy i am V.D crazy computer engineer just completed my final year exam. And waiting for result. I am from Junagadh The native of AsianLION. I'm interested in softwar...