Which motor shall i use?

I m interested in making an all terrain robot. It'll basically run on wheels, or i might change my plan to 'belts'. But the basic question about is the motor that runs the wheels/belts.😉

I have been using those DC motors, which are of average size, of 30/100/200/30 rpm, etc. for all my other robots. they require around 12 volts & 1 amp. The thing that am worried about is that the torque provided by those motors, on a 'muddy terrain', might not be sufficient. Although the wheels r BIG, the motor is the key to the locomotion of the robot, according to my experience. So i wanna make an informed decision so as to choose a suitable motor, for a 'muddy/swamp-like/sticky' terrain. Openly speaking, the robot will run on an agricultural field!!😁

Note- A friend of mine suggested 'motor bike starter motor'. I have considered that as an option, but i want to hear it from you guys before i kick start my project. I know CEans would help me out on this one 😎

Replies

• infinity_nimish
    infinity_nimish
    did u try 100,75 rpm high torque motors like 10 kg, 15 kg
  • dheerajkvs
    dheerajkvs
    Why don't you try a high torque motor?
    and what is the scale of the robot you are going to build?
    Anyways irrespective of the scale just put a high torque motor.
    I did a same thing for mine. My robot weighs about 2 kg and its a scale model. To get that power to move on any terrain i just kept a motor with a 5kg torque and that has solved the problem for me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I m making an agro-bot! that's an agricultural robot. It's supposed to go around the plants of vegetables on the field, and spray pesticides on the vegetables and drop the...
sir pls send me 4 th sem electrical engg previous years question papers with answers.the subjects are: material science(ms) electrical machines electronics & electrical measurements(eem) economics & costing dec fluid...
Hello tech-guys, Its really very easy to find out how Java is good and all its great features but there is hardly any awareness of how good are the other...
hey... m a final yr student doin diploma in computers... i needed some project topics as m confused. it can be anything on c, c++, java or vb.... or some...
Hi every one, I am an electrical engineer associted with Heavy engineering corporation since last 16 yrs. An hobbiest for electronic projects based on micro controller- USB etc. Its nice...