Which local Mobile company produces the best phone: XOLO, LAVA, Micromax or Intex?

As suggested by fella CEan and technocrat CEan - @#-Link-Snipped-# I am starting this debate topic.

Which Indian mobile company produces the best mobile, and are they comparable to Mobile giants Samsung, Nokia and Apple? I know if we will talk about features and hardware, these mobile companies are not lacking a lot and infect beating the senior pro's in some areas.

PC

However when it comes to brand name they are low on side. So do you think investing on these new brands should be a wise decision?

I personally think, in place of spending 25+ thousand on brand name I prefer to go for high end phone of these smaller brands which will cost me merely 15+K. Out of these companies too, my vote goes to XOLO What about yours?

Replies

• yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Anil Jain
    As suggested by fella CEan and technocrat CEan - @#-Link-Snipped-# I am starting this debate topic.

Which Indian mobile company produces the best mobile, and are they comparable to Mobile giants Samsung, Nokia and Apple? I know if we will talk about features and hardware, these mobile companies are not lacking a lot and infect beating the senior pro's in some areas.

PC

However when it comes to brand name they are low on side. So do you think investing on these new brands should be a wise decision?

I personally think, in place of spending 25+ thousand on brand name I prefer to go for high end phone of these smaller brands which will cost me merely 15+K. Out of these companies too, my vote goes to XOLO What about yours?
    friends i voted micromax because of its great work and more internal memory and the touch is also we can place just after samsung and these all brands have there own specifications. if one of them is great in some functionality then it shold be lack in other one. so the views of different people are different i do not think they matched.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I have used one of my cousin's Android which is of Xolo, and honestly it is pretty smooth & I also liked the interface, seems like they are using vanilla Android, no bloats (like their own interface/launcher). I liked it.
    Haven't tried anyother devices, so can't compare.

Anyone else with their opinions on these three local brands ?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    Xolo, and honestly it is pretty smooth & I also liked the interface, seems like they are using vanilla Android, no bloats (like their own interface/launcher)
    The local brands like XOLO, Micromax or Karbonn are good, till they are working good.
    The problem with these brands are, once these devices face any issues they do not have good customer service available compare to big brands. Probably that's the big reason they are still legging behind.

Agree?

-CB
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Most of them complain on the quality of camera of mobile brands which are quoted .Many say that a 5mp Cam of Sony or apple shoots picture much better than Above quoted phones.If there is a reason behind it please post it as reply.....Rest - No complain.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Anil Jain
    The problem with these brands are, once these devices face any issues they do not have good customer service available compare to big brands. Probably that's the big reason they are still legging behind.
    Agree?
    Or the prime reason is that they entered the Android market quite late than those other companies ? If one of these above mentioned companies would've launched their Android phones alongwith Samsung & HTC, the scenario would've been different. What say ?

SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Most of them complain on the quality of camera of mobile brands which are quoted .Many say that a 5mp Cam of Sony or apple shoots picture much better than Above quoted phones.If there is a reason behind it please post it as reply.....Rest - No complain.
    Well, I never really give a damn about camera in smartphone, because I hardly use it. I am waiting for Phonebloks, so that I can remove the camera module & only mount modulos & endoskeletons together which I care about. 😉
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I was just going to start a similar discussion. Glad I found this one.
    Since we have a lot of smartphone talk going talk these days thanks to our VoiCE cover of different gadgets popping up every other day, this is a great place to share your thoughts on the homegrown brands against the popular outsider companies.

XOLO vs Micromax seems to be the tough battle for some.

What are your thoughts friends? #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I hadn't used a xolo series but used micromax phone .As solar as my experience , Micromax perform good but the sad fact is that it lacks better camera quality ( though it was said 5MP cam its quality not par with reputed company phone cam) added that build quality should be improving
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I have not used any of these models. So I can't say anything about how each of these work.

The day I'd buy any of these models is when they become super duper hit even with foreigners.

If a Vardenchi brand can get recognised from India, I think these brands do have a chance in the global market.

But my word to these companies - "don't create poorly" - put in your best and you'd surely reap harvests! You are fools if you can't deliver. Every single review on the Internet DOES matter! Even the ones we make here.

And being Indian company won't stop you from reaching international dreams - but for that you yourself should dream of satisfying the 2nd largest population in the world and voila - your marketing is done!!!

P.S.: Name any place on earth where you'dnt find an Indian?
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I hadn't used a xolo series but used micromax phone .As solar as my experience , Micromax perform good but the sad fact is that it lacks better camera quality ( though it was said 5MP cam its quality not par with reputed company phone cam) added that build quality should be improving
    Micromax camra quality is may be acceptable but it has a grater problem than it is its tower compatability.
    The tower ic or antenna component of micromax is very weak than the others.i persionaly had a experience of it.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I had too many rough experiences with all the local brands except for XOLO (which I have not tried) all the other phones are really good in their softwares. They can challenge any top shot for the features they provide in the softer region.

Whereas How much they are durable depends on the person history of mobile phones. If a person has used too much of 1100 then these mobile hardwares won't last much longer and they are really poor.

One thing is certain recent trend things have changed But if hardware is boosted a little more these phones will rule the market
  • Gowtham Saran D
    Gowtham Saran D
    Friends,

Xolo is better in releasing timely android updates, security updates.
    Also like Samsung touch wiz(Battery hungry UI), xolo hive is the first customized user interface that is offered first by our indian brand.
    I am using micromax a117 canvas magnus and still waiting for kitkat update. But xolo which same spec already released kitkat.
    Yes having issue with service end, But I hope in recent days xolo worked hard to improve the service front.
    So my vote is for Xolo. what you think??
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    I haven't used any of these products. So no idea.
    But have heard only about MicroMax(MM). These products does a great job and are smooth. Bit lag in the process but a a great deal for sure.
    The main defects of MM are
    As said by many CEans the camera and the updates of the OS.
    This is the main point where brand value comes. And it has very good specs but compared to those specs the battery value is less.
    This is what I have heard and experienced from people.

But these companies are not no less than the foreign brands.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The votes on this discussion, clearly point that an 'audience poll' suggest XOLO as the most trusted brand amongst other homegrown brands Micromax, Lava or Intex. The good news is that everyone's putting up a tough battle. No matter what people say, seeing that thousands of units from each of these brands sell like hotcakes month after month - does make you think which brand among Micromax, Karbonn, Intex, Lava etc is really here to last? Who will endure in the long race? Which one has been successful so far in building its brand's identity & a connect with the consumers?

At the end of the day, it all comes down to which brand is able to garner the trust of the thousands. I still don't have a name and from what the word-of-mouth suggests, XOLO is definitely kicking its way up.
    Would love to read some more comments here from fellow members who've actually used phones from these brands for more than a few months. 😀
  • Rahul Mulchandani
    Rahul Mulchandani
    Experience matters man!these brands cannot be compared to Samsung, nokia, etc..!At first it will be good to use but as it starts becoming old ,problems start occurring like battery problems, hangs many times, automatic switch off!! These local brands also do not have good camera quality and ones they become old the touch becomes less sensitive...!! I suggest u should go with Samsung..!!
    so I
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-# : I totally disagree with you're point. There is nothing as such. I am a very old and long user of Samsung and I totally disagree with you.
    In fact nothing is perfect when you say that way! There is nothing as best its just companies are making to be the best!.

Every phone almost faces these kind of problems. So for these problems you cannot compare it with local brands and Foreign Brands.

The available local brands are not less compared to the other phones. May be they lack but they are improving it so well.
  • Rahul Mulchandani
    Rahul Mulchandani
    #-Link-Snipped-#: That's what I am saying! The local brands lack everywhere..I am comparing because the question asked is which is the best of these! So we have been asked to compare...! Please read the question again. !
  • Thatiparthi
    Thatiparthi
    I have used apple, Samsung, Nokia, LG, Xolo and Micromax. First of all one should use the product to experience it. One should not go with international brands always. Used Iphone 4 and 4s very smooth and fine but used to heat while playing small games like Subway Surfer. Used Samsung within 6 months battery issues, charging issues. Used Micromax Canvas within a year touch screen is not responsive and the camera Clarity sucks big time. I have been Using Xolo q 800 for quite some time and never had any problem with it. Had more than 120 apps installed in my phone and never hanged. My Samsung Galaxy grand was horrible except for the screen clarity you install apps it justs hangs. Xolo is a definite winner here. If they start introducing their product internationally it can make a lot of changes. My Vote goes for XOLO any day any time.
  • Void Runner
    Void Runner
    As per my experience:

Micromax - build quality is low. Poor quality plastic that apparently is also susceptible to surface-level degradation. The headphone output is terrible! There is so much distortion, the output amplifiers are clearly the cheapest that was available to them. Most Micromax phones are like this.

Average calling and good enough cameras though.

Karbonn - Good displays and voice calling. Mediocre elsewhere.

Lava - Surprisingly good build quality and cameras. Mediocre otherwise. Lava phones tend to have advantages in terms of available sensors over others.

Xolo - Good build quality, good cameras, good software support and decent headphone output. Clearly the brand to go for in the youth era.

Intex - New entrant is doing well but lags behind on software support (currently close to zero).
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I wonder if Xiaomi came in and ruined it for all the other smartphone brands. There seems to be clearly a bias in the minds of buyers towards Mi Phones. Recently 3 of my friends bought new seasons for Diwali and they all got it from the Xiaomi range. Rarely have I seen anyone buy a Micromax or Lava phone and bragging about it.
    Why can't Indian brands be labelled higher than the Chinese counterparts? What is the key marketing idea they aren't catching up with? Surely they can produce good quality phones (Even though they are build in China) the branding and targeting can surely be improved. Any thoughts, folks?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Xiaomi certainly have edge over all Indian manufacturer in terms of first look Build quality+latest spec.
    But, All these phones has issue of rusting internal hardware. User start getting issue after a year of use. So does the entry level Samsung phones.
    These companies needs better marketing strategy and at least a good phones rather than launching a crap devices every other month.
  • rahul juneja123
    rahul juneja123
    Definitely there are many players but one phone which is definitely a good choices for users out there is the Lava. My dad has been using the Lava Pixel V2 series since the last 1 month and am quite astonished with its outstanding features- Android Lollipop, 2500mAh battery, along with 16GB ROM. When it comes to camera specs, the 13MP front camera generates are crisp yet balanced images. As an avid selfie taker I can’t stop falling in love with its 8.0 MP front camera with comes with LED flash too along with beauty enhancement features!

Lava is already riding the success wagon as it is acclaimed to be India’s fourth-biggest smartphone maker.

Plus, the kind of attention its getting due to these two solid reason goes to say why it should be your choice as well-

1. Featured in the best Mid-range phone provides that has also come up with promising Pixel series- V1 & V2, which empowers the middle class and tech savy generation of India with best in its class.

2. It is also the first national mobile handset company to start domestic production as Prime Minister NarendraModi's 'Make-in-India’ initiative.

Plus, another thing going for this phone is the fact that it provides complete after sales services of which customers are actually satisfied. So here are my thoughts on why to go for this phone out of all the other brands. Hope this helps.
  • rudranshsahoo
    rudranshsahoo
    I don't think Samsung phones are good but its custom rom is good and tose who are buying xiami,coolpad and gionee ,etc doesn't know noting about phone because they only wint a handset with hands .I agree these three companies are good but not like mmax beacause I would say be indian ,buy indian and buy micromax.
  • Winechange
    Winechange
    seen anyone buy a Micromax or Lava phone and bragging about it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Maker Fest is an all-ages showcase and celebration of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, a place to meet and interact with likeminded top-notch innovators from different walks of life. It aims...
Here's the collected list of technology/gadgets which is expected to be teased in the World's largest trade show, Consumer Electronics Show 2014 that will be held in Las Vegas in...
Do you know how to hack the password in Linux.
sir, we are going to do a project in final year. Can u please suggest some innovative Live projects....i'm more intrested in turbojet engines.....so plz suggest some turbojet based. I...
We know whatever Google does they strive for the best. When it comes to the Google maps, few months back they were unchallenged winners no matter we talk about PC...