whether nuclear energy should constitute a major component of the 21st century?

Nuclear power is any nuclear technology designed to extract usable energy from atomic nuclei. The most common method is through nuclear fission, produces no greenhouse gases or other such pollutants but does produce radioactive waste that must be stored safely for thousands of years.

But, There is public fear about nuclear energy, fuelled by incidents (most recently, Fukushima in Japan). It is, however, an issue which is becoming more important as we approach a time when fossil fuel resources may run out, making it necessary to find other power sources.

The main question is whether nuclear energy should constitute a major component of the 21st century mixed economy of energy plans to combat global warming and to help us meet the growing energy demand?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can someone help me on how does the circuit for a car reversing horn with flasher works? can anyone provide me a report for this?
hey friends, is it possible to transmit electricity wireless?? i wanna to work in this project. it will be really very beneficial. please give me some suggestions.
role of a graduate engineer trainee, what he ll do in the period of taining
engineers rockzzzz......lets come with new ideas.....and change our world 😀😡
I AM STUDYING IN CUSAT.I AM NOT GETTING THA WEB PAGE OF TCS TO FINISH MY REGISTRATION PROCESS.WAT TO DO?