When is the right time to go full time - How to decide?

Entrepreneurship is all about being undecided, but then you have to choose wisely.
There is no better alternative to being on the right time, at the right place.

But then, there is also a 'blind leap of faith' involved somewhere.

My questions is -
How does an entrepreneur know that it's time to turn his/her back to a steady salary and rely on your company to make the money you need?

It's a FAQ among young entrepreneurs and start-up owners.

Please put your views forward.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    No responses here? Come on, we can get some free advice here from the intelligent CEans.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    When he realize that he has some responsibilities on him 😀 and things are not going in favor of him/her.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    In early days, Business was capital intensive, whether or not you do any thing. Presently for a new business, you need not have capital in many cases.
    What you need is right amount of experience and knowledge. For that you will need to learn hard, need to get 7-8 years of experience (If you are dreaming big)
    With this, you are up on yourself in 10 years after you have planned to do something of your own. According to me, no matter what is the right time, start working full time when you have enough experience, money is not a consideration here. You can call it a calculated gamble.
  • vinci
    vinci
    when one believes in his potential at most that he can do on his own a better productivity ,he must swap to Entrepreneurship ,as because salary is not efficient to live .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AbraKaDabra
    Entrepreneurship is all about being undecided, but then you have to choose wisely.
    There is no better alternative to being on the right time, at the right place.
    Entrepreneurship, I think, is not about being undecided. It's all about having a definite decision that you think moves you and your venture forward in the way you want it to. When do you decide whether to jump in the water - well, when you know you are ready for it. There will always be an inner voice that will give you the confidence to 'just do it'. I think it was Einstein who said "If you think you can do it or you think you can't do it - you are right". That's it. Check out Steve Job's advise that applies to almost everything you do -

People, let me just remind you - Do *follow* such advises. Don't just listen to them and forget the next moment.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    It depends on particular thinking & self confidence. If he know that he can get recovered form this current critical situation in future then why to lost his previous hard work? But if he found some major risk or more time required to overcome form current situation. Then move to other work is the good option.😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You can download the GATE 2008 Question paper here:
How about a contest on CE that will involve calling for ideas from engineers-turned-entrepreneurs OR engineering-students-with-innovative-concepts for tech-ideas that can be turned into full-fledged businesses? We will have to decide...
You can download the GATE 2009 Question paper here:​
You can download the GATE 2010 Question paper here:
Hello fellow engineers. Am selasi and currently a site engineer on a project in west Africa. I just joined this website which am really impressed with trend of discussions. I...