What to do when your joining date is delayed?

Lately, I've been hearing that many companies have delayed the joining date for the engineers who graduated in 2008. Now, since the number of students who have offers but no fixed joining date is pretty large, I believe all of them can come together and brainstorm on how to put your time to constructive use.

What are you doing or plan to do until you join the company? Have you taken up a part time job? Or gotten busy with your hobbies? Or just killing time watching crappiest programs on TV?

Replies

• komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Some of my friends are doing part time MBA.Others are doing short duration courses on java,linux etc.
    I think giving exams like SCJP,RHCE is good idea.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Certifications is no doubt a good idea.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I will look for other options as well...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think it would be interesting to seek opinions from our fellow engineers about which job portal produces better results. Once we get few names, we'll start a poll.
Source: IBM Research | Ponder This | December 2008 challenges Consider a random walk on the 2-d integer lattice starting at (0,0). From a lattice point (i,j) the walk moves...
glad been here folks, a newbie computer engineer from the Philippines......
I wish all our fellow CEans a very HaPpy & Prosperous New Year 2009​ May your life be filled with eternal joy. May your dreams come true. May you change...
Hi all, I need formula to find skew and flight time(Printed circuit traces). Please help me!