What to do for system speedup for Internet?

Can any one tell that how can we increase the system performance while using internet.?

Replies

• Beginner
    Beginner
    --> If you are an active Internet user, it would be a good idea to check out different browsers, like Chrome, Firefox, and Opera to see which one works best for your connection type and your hardware configuration.

--> If you are using wireless Internet connection, make sure that you are not sharing it with the whole neighborhood. The more people use your connection, the slower it is for you.

--> If your computer is slow, it doesn't matter how fast your Internet connection is – everything will be slow because you computer can't cope. The answer to that is to keep your computer in good shape and perform regular maintenance..

Hope these are useful 2 you..
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    What is your system configuration ? Upgrade if very old model RAM and HDD
    What is the free space in OS drive? Keep it real mess free by deleting unwanted software, If this is not possible you must increase your RAM configuration to fasten the system
    Did you clear the temporary files? ( In temp, cache, internet history, an all ) Delete 'em They are unnecessary load in your system.

If you had not done any of the three do it, This will speed up your system and also do check #-Link-Snipped-# said it is the common cause of this error.

PS : You did not tell your exact issue here do tell whether your browser gets hanged or the web page takes a long time to load
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm bit confused by improvement in system performance while using Internet. Is it that your overall computer system responds slower while browsing? Could you be a bit more descriptive about your problems so that we can offer you some help?
  • lal
    lal
    I remember reading something like windows reserves 20% of the available bandwidth to itself. There is an option to override this. May be you should give a try.

Click start -> Run
    Type gpedit.msc
    Then follow this, this Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> QoS Packet scheduler -> Double click 'Limit Reservable Bandwidth'
    Choose enable and set a lower value that you desire in the percentage input. You can see a description about what actually happens there itself.

The change it brought about in my browsing experience wasn't noticeable. I don't know if it is effective at all. Worth a try though.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    lal
    I remember reading something like windows reserves 20% of the available bandwidth to itself. There is an option to override this. May be you should give a try.

Click start -> Run
    Type gpedit.msc
    Then follow this, this Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> QoS Packet scheduler -> Double click 'Limit Reservable Bandwidth'
    Choose enable and set a lower value that you desire in the percentage input. You can see a description about what actually happens there itself.

The change it brought about in my browsing experience wasn't noticeable. I don't know if it is effective at all. Worth a try though.
    Actually as the name suggest QOS (Quality of Service) packet scheduler, it actually improves your browsing experience.πŸ˜€
    The 20 % bandwidth reserved is actually reserved for some audio/ video streaming, or some other application which uses QOS API. If such applications are not running, it does not reserves any space and u get all 100%, so no need to make it 0% as it does not eat 20% but only help u to stream video data faster (although only a little faster 😁).
    Hope this clears it a bitπŸ‘.
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    lal

Click start -> Run
    Type gpedit.msc

Hai frnd in my lap the command gpedit.msc is not open.. it shows some error message...!! I;m using windows 7..!
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Ganesh MSD
    Hai frnd in my lap the command gpedit.msc is not open.. it shows some error message...!! I;m using windows 7..!
    If you could quote the exact error message you were receiving, maybe we could help. Also do check that u have administrative privileges to open it.
    Hope it helps!πŸ˜€
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    rahul69
    If you could quote the exact error message you were receiving, maybe we could help. Also do check that u have administrative privileges to open it.
    Hope it helps!πŸ˜€
    The error is :

Windows cannot find "gpedit.msc". Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again.

And i'm the admin of my system..!!
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Ganesh MSD
    The error is :

Windows cannot find "gpedit.msc". Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again.

And i'm the admin of my system..!!
    Go to C:\Windows\System32 . Check out whether gpedit.msc file is present here. If it is not here, then I guess u must be running Windows 7 (Home Premium or Home Basic version) which does not have group policy installed ( as I've heard ), so I guess no need to worryπŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€.
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    rahul69
    Go to C:\Windows\System32 . Check out whether gpedit.msc file is present here. If it is not here, then I guess u must be running Windows 7 (Home Premium or Home Basic version) which does not have group policy installed ( as I've heard ), so I guess no need to worryπŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€.
    Ya i m using Win 7 home basic..!! and also there is no files sucj gpedit.msc...!! then how can i boost up my net...!!??????????????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is expected that in Jharkhand 15 to 30% Drilled tube wells silted or collapsed in 2 to 3 years and get choked, here UPVC casing pipes are used, it...
Guys the topics as suggested in the thread https://www.crazyengineers.com/community/threads/weekly-tech-discussion-topic-suggestion.60259/ And other topics which received second maximum votes in the previous Weekly discussion topic selection threads are all taken for this...
Why grouping in k-map is done in terms of 2 to the power of n?
Hi All friends...I want a new Idea on "data mining" to complete my thesis work..Thanks in advanced plz help
What is practical difference between uni-flow scavenging and loop scavenging..???