Uni-flow scavenging and loop scavenging?

What is practical difference between uni-flow scavenging and loop scavenging..???

Replies

• sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Scavenging is the process of escape of fresh charge without getting utilized.
    For uniflow and loop scavenging, I hope following link will help you:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    I thought scavenging means pushing out the exhaust gases, not fresh charge from the engine cylinder.
    Correct me if am wrong.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    white_hat
    I thought scavenging means pushing out the exhaust gases, not fresh charge from the engine cylinder.
    Yes, it is pushing out of exhaust gases by the fresh air that enters the cylinder.
    Since intake and exhaust process takes place at the same time, some of the fresh charge also escapes with the exhaust gases. Thus, it is the reason for the low efficiency of 2-stroke engines.
  • Manish Tomar
    Manish Tomar
    sweet_honey
    Yes, it is pushing out of exhaust gases by the fresh air that enters the cylinder.
    Since intake and exhaust process takes place at the same time, some of the fresh charge also escapes with the exhaust gases. Thus, it is the reason for the low efficiency of 2-stroke engines.
    will you please tell me basic difference between these two which i must know?
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Manish Tomar
    will you please tell me basic difference between these two which i must know?
    Do you mean the difference between intake and exhaust process?
  • Manish Tomar
    Manish Tomar
    sweet_honey
    Do you mean the difference between intake and exhaust process?
    no.... i am talking about simple definitions of these two..!!
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    LOOP SCAVENGING is that process in which the charge passes over the piston crown and rises to form a loop within cylinder.
    loop scavenging
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    UNIFLOW SCAVENGING is that process in which charge air passes straight up through the length of cylinder.
    uniflow scavenging

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I Want to be master in designing. Glad to be a part of CrazyEngineers.
hi.. im soumya..pursuing btech fm lucknow 😀 😀
hello I am structural engineer , Egyptian , graduated in 2005 from Ain shams university in cairo Egypt I have a BSC degree in civil engineering, lives in Egypt ,born...
Before we start on debating & proving why 'Linux' is better than(or preferable) over Paid OS(Windows,OS X), we should know, I mean we 'must' know about men behind Linux. Obviously,...
Is there anyone here who have matlab installed in their computer? I need a little help. I need a couple of images to be converted into hex array and stored...