What is the total current in the circuit?

tZcW-IMG_20190221_142903.jpg

Is it 4.9A or 6.6A ?

There are three sections 1-2, 2-3, 1-3 and tapping is done in series.    

What is the total current ?

Replies

• Mohit Patil
    Mohit Patil

6.6A is the right answer. 

• Vontari Keerthana
    Vontari Keerthana

can you explain

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - Better approach would be to explain how you arrived at two different answers. Could you give it a try?

• Vontari Keerthana
    Vontari Keerthana

As they are in series I1 and I3 adds.

But as there is tapping im a little bit confused.

So can you help me out of it.

• Vontari Keerthana
    Vontari Keerthana

#-Link-Snipped-#  please suggest what is the correct answer and complete solution.

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

I have got 4.9A, but my friend is saying that it may be 6.6A.

• Vontari Keerthana
    Vontari Keerthana

#-Link-Snipped-# Thanks for your answer

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

#-Link-Snipped-# , you were right.  The tapping at the middle two resistors joining the middle of the two battery banks can be ignored because there is no potential difference between the two ends of the wire.

Therefore, the total current will be the sum of the currents in the two parallel lines.

The current through the two resistors in series will be 31/(9.05+9.05)=1.713 A, the current in the other line is 31/9.5=3.26 A totaling 4.976 A.

• Vontari Keerthana
    Vontari Keerthana

Thank you sir #-Link-Snipped-# 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Switching to physics major from civil engineering major. 
I am in 6th sem of mechanical engineering.i want to clear GATE exam without joining any classis.so give me suggestions for how I need to start preparation for GATE.
Can you give any new ideas that can be included in our final year project, since there is no novelty in our project. It is an IOT based automatic irrigation...
Right now I'm in 6th semester pursuing my B.Tech from MAIT and also preparing for Cat 2k19. I'm facing problems in my RC section. I'm not able to decide the...
What makes astrophysics as good career for stable life. Many people told it takes around 15yrs to settle in permanent position after bachelors degree that's also not guaranteed.