CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@A.BODHINI • 27 Feb, 2010

We all use mobile phones in everyday life, but very few of us know the exact working of the principle on which these cellphones work. I need a very simple and clear cut explanation about the same. Can anyone help?

@shahkushan1 • 09 May, 2010 • 1 like Mobile-phones emits small amount of electromagnetic signal via the radio waves which is RF energy.
Every Mobile-phone has a low power transmitter in them. While talking over the cell-phone, the transmitter takes the sound of voice & changes it into a continuous sine wave.Sine wave is measured in terms of frequency.Transmitter sends the sine wave to antenna.Antenna transmits the sine wave in the form of electromagnetic signal to the BTS. Cell-phone works by communication between service n/w through BTS or cell tower. Cell towers divide the city into small areas or cells.As the user moves from one cell to another, the signal along with the information is handed over from tower to tower. This is called Hand-off.
@Asha Biju • 30 Oct, 2018 • 1 like

Thanks 

10.9k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Jun 5, 2014

Moving beyond passwords for authentication when logging in to a system, an app, an online service was a long-time calling. Largely because of the increase in incidents of passwords getting...
2.1k views

@kanwar singh · Aug 31, 2012

Thoughtworks is visiting our campus and I'm looking for aptitude papers and programming questions. It'd be nice if someone can provide me with a sample test papers for their first...
10.3k views

@Olu_Ola · Sep 6, 2013

Please can anybody explain how the frequency of a communication signal affect its propagation range?
33.7k views

@circularsquare · Feb 12, 2012

You are given a weighing scale and 8 bags of rice. Seven bags are of equal weight. One is of a slightly heavier weight. You can compare the bags using...
2.1k views

@shubham75355 · Sep 16, 2014

hey frnz.. all people says that google launches this android one..but i'm unable to understand that what actually the role of google in this cellphone.. means what is the difference...
18k views