CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@A.BODHINI • 27 Feb, 2010

We all use mobile phones in everyday life, but very few of us know the exact working of the principle on which these cellphones work. I need a very simple and clear cut explanation about the same. Can anyone help?

@shahkushan1 • 09 May, 2010 • 1 like Mobile-phones emits small amount of electromagnetic signal via the radio waves which is RF energy.
Every Mobile-phone has a low power transmitter in them. While talking over the cell-phone, the transmitter takes the sound of voice & changes it into a continuous sine wave.Sine wave is measured in terms of frequency.Transmitter sends the sine wave to antenna.Antenna transmits the sine wave in the form of electromagnetic signal to the BTS. Cell-phone works by communication between service n/w through BTS or cell tower. Cell towers divide the city into small areas or cells.As the user moves from one cell to another, the signal along with the information is handed over from tower to tower. This is called Hand-off.
@Asha Biju • 30 Oct, 2018 • 1 like

Thanks 

14k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · May 12, 2009

This thread is specifically for student CEans.Discuss your plans. If you are running short of ideas; you'll find something here.Keep us updated.
13.7k views

@rengaraj · Nov 7, 2009

Sir / madam, My question is A family I know has several children. Each boy in this family has as many sisters as brothers but each girl has twice as...
9.3k views

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 11, 2011

I couldn't find a list of best colleges for MS in Instrumentation Engineering. Here are a few colleges that offer instrumentation courses. Excelsior College Salt Lake Community College San Jacinto...
3.4k views

@Anoop Kumar · Jun 7, 2014

SAR - Specific absorption rate (SAR) is a measure of the rate at which energy is absorbed by the human body when exposed to a radio frequency (RF) electromagnetic field....
3.6k views

@ISHAN TOPRE · Aug 31, 2011

WIPRO technologies is a leading software industry and third largest after TCS and Infosys. Its selection criteria is as follows Aptitude test:The aptitude test by WIPRO is a bit tough...
18.2k views