What is the difference between the roles, Software engineer and Graduate engineering trainee?

i want to know the details and its differences with the type of work.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aish95
    i want to know the details and its differences with the type of work.
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers. There's no such 'difference' between software engineer and a graduate engineering trainee working in IT industry.

Typically, the graduate trainees are put through 3-6 months of training on various technologies that the company works in. This could be Java, .Net, C, C++, Testing Tools, Scripting Languages etc. Once the training is over, the graduate trainees are assigned projects.

Software engineer is a generic name typically used for anyone who works in the software industry. Of course, there are specific designations and identity to different roles.

Software Engineer: Typically works on programming languages, fixes bugs, works on modules assigned by the team lead or project manager and reports to them.

Software QA Engineer: Discovers bugs, gets involved in various stages of the project - right from documentation, requirement gathering to final maintenance of the software and helps keep the quality of the software to desired levels. Reports to team lead or project manager.

IT Sys Admin: Helps maintain infrastructure up to date by solving hardware and software issues. Also looks after the quality of the network - intranet and internet.

...and so on. There are multiple roles. If you wish to discuss about any specific role, let us know. We look forward to your questions, doubts.
  • Aish95
    Aish95
    Thank u sir,
    Which role has good career growth (consider to give best in each role).
    It seems package for GET is higher than SE.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Rajesh Banda Am pursuing MCA 2nd year College: Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore My Hobbies: Playing Cricket,enjoying with friends,code debugging My aim is to be a unique person in a...
I've been learning to program for the past ~1 year and have made significant progress. I think I've learned a lot of important things about the ways to learn programming...
Hey!! This is KAPIL BISHT(KAPSN).An ece graduate seeking for a job in Software development. I have key skills of core java, basics of C ,C++. I am a friendly boy...
Quote: Tiny components, premium materials, special tools and special talents. This is the formula for making a distinctive, and expensive, Rolex Submariner wristwatch. Watch this video to see what it...
Quote: Scientists from the Universities of Bristol and Sussex worked in conjunction with Ultrahaptics to develop a new tractor beam that can lift and move small objects using acoustic holograms....