CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@gsk_ssit • 13 May, 2011
What is the difference between tangential,radial and hoop stresses in cylinder please explain what is the effect of these three
@ISHAN TOPRE • 14 May, 2011 • 2 likes A tangential stress is the one applied along a tangent to the object in question.

A hoop stress acts along a perpendicular direction to radial stress.

The stress which acts along radial direction is called radial stress.

What else precisely that you want? Just wait till I come back with more info. 😀
@PraveenKumar Purushothaman • 14 May, 2011 • 3 likes I don't know much better than Ishu, but have got some illustrations...

Radial Stress
[​IMG]

Hoop Stress
[​IMG]

Tangential Stress
[​IMG]

Correct me if am wrong... 😀
@ISHAN TOPRE • 14 May, 2011 Drawing speaks a hundred and thousand words Praveen. You are right. 😀
In such simple way you explained. 😀
@PraveenKumar Purushothaman • 14 May, 2011
ishutopre
Drawing speaks a hundred and thousand words Praveen. You are right. 😀
In such simple way you explained. 😀
Are these correct?
@ISHAN TOPRE • 16 Mar, 2012
Praveen-Kumar
Are these correct?
Sorry for taking 10 months to reply😨 It is correct 😀
@PraveenKumar Purushothaman • 16 Mar, 2012
Issue
Sorry for taking 10 months to reply😨 It is correct 😀
He he... Simply Superb!!! 😀
12.5k views

Related Posts

@Jason Estibeiro · Mar 7, 2015

After the successful business of Huawei Honor T1 tablet and Huawei Honor 6 smartphone in India, the company has now decided to launch the next Honor device in India again....
5.5k views

@Ankita Katdare · May 16, 2013

Panasonic India has today launched its new 'out of the world' smartphone called the Panasonic P51 at Rs. 26,900/-. If you're someone who keeps an eye for the gadget-related news,...
3.9k views

@Akhil Vijay · Sep 9, 2015

Can anyone please let me know the difference between stdio.h & conio.h and where & when these header files should be used?
36.5k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jul 25, 2014

I just upgraded to OSX Yosemite and thought of switching over to the default Apple Mail application from Sparrow, the mail app that I absolutely love. After configuring my Gmail...
8.5k views

@Pensu · Jun 21, 2012

I have idea net setter Huawei E1732 device. I have Ubuntu 9.04 installed. Now, the problem is I am not able to run the autorun program. I searched for some...
3.5k views