What is the difference between pair and joint?

in different mechanism we have use joints and pairs.what is joint and what is pair.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    pair: it generally refers to the two machine members which are coupled, together based on their relative motion

the types are turning pair, sliding pair etc.

example of turning pair is the piston and connecting rod.

example of sliding pair is the piston and the internal surface of the cylinder walls.

joint: it is the type of connection that exists between two machine members joined together, based on the relative motion existing between the members.

example: the joint between piston and connecting rod is pin-joint.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have a doubt electromagnetic waves has electrons in it ????
can any body tell me sites of related to projects of basic logic gates???????????????
1. go to START. 2. go to RUN. 3. type 'gpedit.msc'. 4. In configuration click 'Administrative Template'. 5. click 'Network'. 6. click 'QoS scheduler packet'. 7. double click 'Limit reservable...
Hello CE. I am SAP ABAP certified Fresher. I also worked as Software QA. I completed B.Tech from SRKNEC, nagpur. Currently I am looking for good opportunity in SAP sector.
Can someone tell me how to connect my laptop to my samsung galaxy S duos to surf the 3g internet on my laptop???👎