CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@anjali zendre • 09 Feb, 2013
in different mechanism we have use joints and pairs.what is joint and what is pair.
@zaveri • 10 Feb, 2013 pair: it generally refers to the two machine members which are coupled, together based on their relative motion

the types are turning pair, sliding pair etc.

example of turning pair is the piston and connecting rod.

example of sliding pair is the piston and the internal surface of the cylinder walls.

joint: it is the type of connection that exists between two machine members joined together, based on the relative motion existing between the members.

example: the joint between piston and connecting rod is pin-joint.
10.6k views

Related Posts

@Neha · Jul 21, 2006

Here I am with one more question!!! I remember when I just started to work on PC and when I have to search for each and every alphabet for writing...
9.9k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jan 14, 2015

If you have been waiting around for a phone that has the most impressive specs in the bunch, here's a phone worth mentioning from CES 2015. Called Saygus V², the...
15.1k views

@sanjanaaa · Aug 24, 2015

Is networking field good for girls? If yes what track or specializations they should take in CCNA and CCNA?
9.5k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jul 6, 2008

I have no idea if "Engineering Drawing" is a part of curriculum in engineering colleges around the world. In India, it is! I personally enjoyed the subject very much. However,...
7.5k views

@ISHAN TOPRE · Oct 3, 2013

I want to have wi-fi connection in my Laptop. At home I am using BSNL broadband modem. Can someone give me step by step guide, how to install Wi-fi network?
20.3k views