CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@anjali zendre • 09 Feb, 2013
in different mechanism we have use joints and pairs.what is joint and what is pair.
@zaveri • 10 Feb, 2013 pair: it generally refers to the two machine members which are coupled, together based on their relative motion

the types are turning pair, sliding pair etc.

example of turning pair is the piston and connecting rod.

example of sliding pair is the piston and the internal surface of the cylinder walls.

joint: it is the type of connection that exists between two machine members joined together, based on the relative motion existing between the members.

example: the joint between piston and connecting rod is pin-joint.
9.1k views

Related Posts

@Jason Estibeiro · Feb 6, 2015

If you are a fan of open source platforms like Linux, then here might be a good news for you. UK based computer software company Canonical, announced yesterday on 6th...
6.2k views

@imgopi · Sep 4, 2011

Hi am fresher doing btech(cse) i want to join in infosys plz help me to get success in interview.
5.6k views

@kashish0711 · Jun 9, 2009

Ok, I have been in a few seminars in college 5 to be all and many in school In school I had to do what teachers said but in college...
65.2k views

@Lovesharma · Apr 7, 2012

I've got 10th : 69% and 12th : 60%Btech :1 sem : 65%, 2 sem : 60%, 3 sem : 64%, 4 sem : 69%, 5 sem : 80% (3th...
27.4k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Feb 22, 2017

The Problem: If you are on the lookout for a budget fitness tracker chances are you have set your eyes on Xiaomi. Xiaomi has brought fitness tracking to the masses...
4.7k views