CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@anjali zendre • 09 Feb, 2013
in different mechanism we have use joints and pairs.what is joint and what is pair.
@zaveri • 10 Feb, 2013 pair: it generally refers to the two machine members which are coupled, together based on their relative motion

the types are turning pair, sliding pair etc.

example of turning pair is the piston and connecting rod.

example of sliding pair is the piston and the internal surface of the cylinder walls.

joint: it is the type of connection that exists between two machine members joined together, based on the relative motion existing between the members.

example: the joint between piston and connecting rod is pin-joint.
2.5k views

Related Posts

@gopaldeshpande · Jul 21, 2015

Can anyone spare the IS code for testing of uPVC, PVC and DI pipes?
2k views

@Vikram pai · Aug 17, 2012

Can anyone here can help me in building or giving me ideas for project for marine engineerin related to ships machinery...
2.4k views

@Ankita Katdare · Apr 23, 2014

IIT Bombay students see some great placements every year and the batch 2013-14 was no exception to the trend. With more than 250 companies participating in the campus placements at...
12.4k views

@emani sai bhanu teja · Jun 28, 2016

I am a fresher and want to know what would be the role of a mechanical fresher in the filed of pharma
2.2k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 30, 2013

This review is dedicated to Sendy - the best email marketing software I accidentally found on the Internet and have been using for several weeks now. Sendy is self-hosted email...
2.4k views