What is MATLAB used for?

im a electronics & comm. engineering student of 3'rd yr . does matlab offers any benifit to me .
why nmatlab is used in the first place.

Replies

• MatlabMentor
    MatlabMentor
    Re: regarding matlab

Dear Friend, Matlab is the one of the best softwares for Electrical and Electronics students, It has already inbult functions based on C,C++ and Java etc. We can directly use them or we can develop our own.This language contain programming, graphical used interface, simulink and Animations..coming to electronic...u have signal procesing, image procesing, communications and other related topics directly in the MATLAB
    you can contact me for any project related in matlab at yahoo com
    we have numeber of projects in this area.
    with best wishes
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

In your final years in college, you'll be exposed to lots of applications of MATLAB in ECE courses. Like Matlab Mentor said, things like signal processing and communication analysis. For example, you may want to generate a set of random numbers, convule it with signal, and see the effect of Gaussian noise.. all displayed on a graph. This can be done very easily on MATLAB.

If xheavenlyx notices this thread.. well, just be prepared 😉
  • prestonee
    prestonee

Its much cheaper to write a matlab to model for something than to design the chip and have to resubmit it with fixes because your theory was flawed. I would say Matlab is the standard modeling program for most engineers, I know of civil and mech engineering also use it for running a model through a variety of complex tests. Its great with large matrices.

ps - Matlab Mentor feel free to comment on my image processing topic =)
  • prabakarnaidu
    prabakarnaidu

MatlabMentor
    Dear Friend, Matlab is the one of the best softwares for Electrical and Electronics students, It has already inbult functions based on C,C++ and Java etc. We can directly use them or we can develop our own.This language contain programming, graphical used interface, simulink and Animations..coming to electronic...u have signal procesing, image procesing, communications and other related topics directly in the MATLAB
    you can contact me for any project related in matlab at yahoo com
    we have numeber of projects in this area.
    with best wishes
    Hi MatlabMentor,

How does Matlab helps in ADSP? I was given project based on ADSP, where ADSP takes over the duty of a microprocessor.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I think nowadays universities are intoducing Matlab more earlier in the degree syllabus than before, so students are exposed to it earlier. In my uni's case, there are now some MATLAB assignments for 1st year subjects such as Calculus.

Thats a good move actually, because if you only get to know Matlab in the later years, you wont have time to fully use it's potential in your projects and studies.
  • sandeep279
    sandeep279
    thanks for giving me these detail..
    but i also wants to know the best books name of matlab..
    so please give me the name as soon as possible..
  • eduwiz
    eduwiz
    The best thing with MATLAB is that we can design sand solve the circuits in the computer interface itself . In electronics , it can be used to program Microprocessors and controllers along with the design of other embedded applications. It can also be used for solving extreme electrical networks equations in few simple steps .
  • Penston
    Penston
    that was a good question coz i also never new it.ive been thanks!!!! im helped
  • inspiring
    inspiring

prabakarnaidu
    Hi MatlabMentor,

How does Matlab helps in ADSP? I was given project based on ADSP, where ADSP takes over the duty of a microprocessor.

i am the beginner in matlab can you suggest how to begin with it? what is the starting program?
  • inspiring
    inspiring
    Penston
    that was a good question coz i also never new it.ive been thanks!!!! im helped

i am the beginner in matlab could you please guide me about how to start it means with which program.
  • shahkushan1
    shahkushan1
    acc to me d best way to learn matlab is thru its help..its explains d basics very well nd den a little bit a xploring around d interface...dis is wat m dng ryt now
  • ramkireddy
    ramkireddy
    Re: regarding matlab used for face recognition

hi friend,
    i am doing my msc project "2d face recognition using pca".I was worried like how to do it using java..i found some libraries in c/c++ i.e opencv...

will you please suggest some java libraries to do my project..

thank you my friend.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Keep the Spark Alive Inaugural Speech for the new batch at the Symbiosis BBA program, Pune 23rd June, 2008 By Chetan Bhagat Good Morning everyone and thank you for giving...
at very high frequencies why devices tend to radiate?
i'm christabel from nigeria.i'm studying computer engineering and i'm in my final year. i joined CE last year.i hope i'll get 2 meet the crazy engineers in the chatroom soon....
hey friends im arti mishra,
hi i am a 3rd yr mechanical student.i need a mini project related to instrumentation & measurement.Can anybody help me?Please send me some ideas @