CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Abhishek Rawal • 21 Nov, 2013
As title mentions, I would like to know the difference between Electric Field Density & Electric Field Intensity.
Illuminate me please.
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 23 Nov, 2013 Electric field Density is the amont of electric field passing through a unit volume of material

Intensity is linear version Amount of field experienced in the same dimension alone I am not sure about this much
@mifo • 25 Nov, 2013
Abhishek Rawal
As title mentions, I would like to know the difference between Electric Field Density & Electric Field Intensity.
Illuminate me please.
Electricity Field Intensity considers the properties of medium(permittivity of medium)(denoted by E)

while

Electric Field Density is independent of permittivity of the medium(denoted by D)
@Void Runner • 03 Apr, 2014 Intensity is generally the summation (or integration) of the absolute magnitudes per component of a system without considering the area.

Density generally considers area or volume and may or may not be a measure of absolute magnitude.
10.5k views

Related Posts

@Chirayu Samarth · Mar 24, 2015

The Chinese manufacturer, Lenovo has launched a new budget phablet named- Lenovo K3 Note in China. The phablet is priced at CNY 899 (approximately Rs. 9,000) and will be available...
9.4k views

@Jason Estibeiro · Mar 7, 2015

After the successful business of Huawei Honor T1 tablet and Huawei Honor 6 smartphone in India, the company has now decided to launch the next Honor device in India again....
6.4k views

@Jason Estibeiro · Feb 1, 2014

In India, you would normally find a 15-year-old teenager preparing for his SSC exams. Well, meet Angad Daryani, a school dropout working on 3D printer which he plans to sell...
17.4k views

@Ankita Katdare · Sep 23, 2013

Samsung Galaxy Trend has officially entered the Indian market. With the phone listed on Samsung's official India online store for a price in India tag of Rs. 8,700. Samsung, the...
6.8k views

@Aditya Deshmukh · Dec 29, 2014

Xiaomi is one of the most popular electronics manufacturing company in the market these days. They've just sold about 1 million smartphones in a span of 6 months in the...
4.8k views