CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Abhishek Rawal • 21 Nov, 2013
As title mentions, I would like to know the difference between Electric Field Density & Electric Field Intensity.
Illuminate me please.
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 23 Nov, 2013 Electric field Density is the amont of electric field passing through a unit volume of material

Intensity is linear version Amount of field experienced in the same dimension alone I am not sure about this much
@mifo • 25 Nov, 2013
Abhishek Rawal
As title mentions, I would like to know the difference between Electric Field Density & Electric Field Intensity.
Illuminate me please.
Electricity Field Intensity considers the properties of medium(permittivity of medium)(denoted by E)

while

Electric Field Density is independent of permittivity of the medium(denoted by D)
@Void Runner • 03 Apr, 2014 Intensity is generally the summation (or integration) of the absolute magnitudes per component of a system without considering the area.

Density generally considers area or volume and may or may not be a measure of absolute magnitude.
2.3k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 30, 2013

Tata DOCOMO, one of the leading names in mobile data services in India, has launched a new dongle called the Tata Docomo Photon Max Wi-Fi which offers free national roaming...
2.5k views

@Mayur Pathak · Sep 11, 2008

Alright these are very simple and actually very stupid riddles. But lets see how soon can you crack them. Six glasses are in a row. The first three are full...
3.8k views

@Jason Estibeiro · Mar 2, 2014

Another major security flaw has been discovered in the Android OS. The flaw has been detected in the virtual private network of the Android operating systems in the Indian cyberspace....
3.3k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · May 10, 2014

Sanjam Garg, Alumni of IIT-Delhi batch of 2008, has won the ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) award for the year 2013. Sanjam's work revolved around the problem of making software...
4.4k views

@divut · Aug 24, 2011

can anybody write me a program on thoughtworks placement ques in c++ inventory control system.Two countries have inventory with 100 ipods in it. ipod is available in two countries brazil...
1.9k views