What is cloud computing?

hi friends,
can any one tell me what is cloud computing?
how this concept of cloud come into existence?
What is the benefit of using Windows own Azure cloud over the .NET platform?

๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    RE:What is cloud computing?

On-demand self-service Internet infrastructure where you pay-as-you-go and use only what you need, all managed by a browser, application or API. Cloud computing is broken up into multiple segments including: Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Platforms and Cloud Applications.

For more details on what it is all about just wiki it!
    Cloud Computing
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    sushant005
    hi friends,
    can any one tell me what is cloud computing?
    cloud computing is a technology that uses the internet and central remote server to maintain data and appelication.
    do you know email like gmail and yahoomail is based on cloud computing.
    insted of running your email account on your computer you just login to your account.the software and database for your account doesn't exist on your computer.
    it's on the services computer cloud.what make us a cloud computing system.i think from here you know that what the cloud means in cloud computing.

Now let's some talk about cloud computing architecture.
    you know that every database have some back end and some front end.
    so here the users are the front and the server is back end which have to do the job related to data.you may tell me that "here huge amount of data storage is required to store data".
    yes it is you know some companies requires hundreds of digital storage devices.
    cloud computing need at least twice the number of storage devices it requires to keep all it's clints information stored.that's because these devices like all computer occasionally breakdown.
    so a cloud computing system must need some backup data of the users information.

sushant005
    how this concept of cloud come into existence?
    I don't have much more idea about this but up to what i know this idea comes from ibm new initiative called project KittyHawk.
    this project aspires to create a "global_scale shared computer capable of hosting the entire internet as an appelication".
    sushant005
    What is the benefit of using Windows own Azure cloud over the .NET platform?

๐Ÿ˜
    no idea hope any CEan can answer it.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    :-|
    read this --> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, let me explain in simpler words. Let's say you are a group of 10 friends who are passionate about music. Each one of you have a personal collection of your favorite songs on your computer. If you wish to listen to a song on someone else's computer which is remotely located, you will have to download it on your computer or have it streamed from that computer.

Now, you and your friends decide to host all the songs centrally. Assuming that you have tens of thousands of songs; you decide to build a local network of computers at one place to store all the songs. To the outer world, this network of computers is similar to 'ONE BIG COMPUTER' that has all the songs. Now you all can simply log in to this big computer that you've built; to listen to songs. If someone else wants to listen to song; you charge them few bucks per song or per hour. You allot them a username and password which they can use to login to your big computer and listen to the songs.

What you've built is a cloud and offering song streaming service on pay per use basis. That is the overall concept of cloud; of course the actual technology is much deeper; but I'm sure you now have a fair idea of what's a cloud.

The idea was brought to life because it ensures mobility. In our song-cloud example, you could be anywhere in the world and have access to all the songs; unlike carrying your laptop/desktop along with you. It also ensures the security of the data as things are located centrally. Cloud is also used to bring down the actual costs of computing.

In actual cloud (business level use); the biggest advantage is scalability. Since the underlying hardware is virtualized; CPUs, RAM, HDD space can be added/removed and charged on pay as you use basis. You will have to read further to actually understand how things work.
  • ankesh.cs2007
    ankesh.cs2007
    hay sushant i will suggest you that cloud computing is better supported by JAVA..................
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Thanks to all. Now i got some ideas about cloud computing.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ankesh.cs2007
    hay sushant i will suggest you that cloud computing is better supported by JAVA..................
    Hi, could you please shed some more light on this?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    @ Big_K sir can we say cloud computing similar to centralized database system?
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    hello guy's
    i have some questions.
    we know that our email is base on cloud computing.But what when there is no any cloud computing technique?
    Is there any software which we have to installed in oreder to access our gmail account?
    And i think cloud computing is slower then the general computing.isn't it?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    goyal420
    @ Big_K sir can we say cloud computing similar to centralized database system?
    Database would just be a part, but not always. Cloud is simply a network of large number of computers but virtualized. You can use it for storage, for database, for videos whatever.

mohit007kumar00
    hello guy's
    i have some questions.
    we know that our email is base on cloud computing.But what when there is no any cloud computing technique?
    Is there any software which we have to installed in oreder to access our gmail account?
    And i think cloud computing is slower then the general computing.isn't it?
    Email, to the best of my knowledge, is not always based on cloud computing. You may use load balancers and a network of 1000 computers and it won't form a cloud. 'Virtualization' is an essential part of any cloud. Not sure what you mean by "And i think cloud computing is slower then the general computing.isn't it?". Cloud computing is 10000x or more faster or capable than a single computer. The speed with which you can access it will depend upon the network speed you have at your terminal.
  • Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688
    For Understanding the basic concept the following video will be very useful :-

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    This is the first video which i saw and understood the idea behind cloud computing.Just check out!

[video=youtube;QJncFirhjPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJncFirhjPg[/video]
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @ Vishnu Priya thanks
    Very nice video.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    I want to know that what makes cloud computing different from grid computing?
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    @Sushant : Happy that the video has helped you!

Grid computing is where more than one computer coordinates to solve a problem together. Often used for problems involving a lot of number crunching, which can be easily parallelisable.
    Cloud computing is where an application doesn't access resources it requires directly, rather it accesses them through something like a service. So instead of talking to a specific hard drive for storage, and a specific CPU for computation, etc. it talks to some service that provides these resources. The service then maps any requests for resources to its physical resources, in order to provide for the application. Usually the service has access to a large amount of physical resources, and can dynamically allocate them as they are needed.

A cloud would usually use a grid. A grid is not necessarily a cloud or part of a cloud.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    vishnu priya
    Cloud computing is where an application doesn't access resources it requires directly, rather it accesses them through something like a service.
    Can you name a service which works on cloud computing concept?

[/QUOTE]
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    can any one, which web service(s) provide interface for the storage and retrieval of data in the cloud and is their any limitation for storing data ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sushant005
    I want to know that what makes cloud computing different from grid computing?
    Look at following article on IBM's site that mentions the difference between the two: #-Link-Snipped-#

In order to understand cloud computing, one needs to first understand the concept of virtualization ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    @Vishnu Priya: The video on cloud computing was very informative! Thanks for uploading.
  • vacloud
    vacloud
    This video on Salesforce's cloud computing platform might help explain more on the topic:

[video=youtube;ae_DKNwK_ms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae_DKNwK_ms[/video]

You can see more of there videos here: What is Cloud Computing? - YouTube

Hope this helps!
  • anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    the videos regarding cloud computing are extreamly helpful....thanks to all of you for the nice concept

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Friends, What is NP-Complete problem? Is it true to say that a problem which is solvable in polynomial time that are verifiable in polynomial time?
hi friends, anybody have idea about what is ipv6 and ipv4? ๐Ÿ˜’
hi friends, some day's ago i watched MI(mission impossible) a hollywood film by tom cruise in that film somebody send email to tom cruise.And after reading that email,email is vanished...
CEans, Here's a new project idea that stuck my mind today, after looking at a surveillance camera in my GYM ๐Ÿ˜ฒ . However, I think it can be really useful...
If you haven't yet watched the man running on water video yet, you SHOULD watch it. The company named 'Hi-Tech Sports' introduced a video on YouTube that showed an athlete...