What is API, what are its features & applications?

What is basically API and its uses Application Programming Interface , its features r applications

Replies

• anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    @Babloo

API is abbrevated as Application Programming Interface..

It can be said as a package which provides programmers with set of functions... which itself are programmed to provide basic functionalities as set of functions

Suppose take an example as bare hardware... which a programmer finds less comfortable to code directly to access it or work on it....

Mean while he writes lines of codes as set of functions which provides required basic functionalities on bare hardware...so that fellow programmers can just call these fuctions directly to get work done......
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    Yes Anurag is correct.
    API's are set of commonly used functions.
    So it is like repository of commonly(mostly) used function.
  • esakiraja
    esakiraja
    Abbreviation of application program interface, a set of routines, protocols and tools for building sw applications.

Babloo if u see most OS provide API so that programmers can develop sw over their environment which possess similiar interfaces.
  • babloo0311
    babloo0311
    thank u anurag,kedarjk,esakiraja

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi

Hi my name is Guy I'm from the UK, currently in IT support mainly doing training although have done work in PC fault diagnosis/repair and worked as an Analyst Programmer...
hi can any one explain the physical meaning of " cross product" of two vectors? what does it signify? and also what is "curl" of a vector?
Hi.... Plz help me frndz,, M a 2nd year Student & intersted in making a mini project with ny friends here on robotics. So plz help me from where to...
hey...... can anyone give me any link to programming code for time controlling of dc motor? i'll be very grateful.
Hi, guys... this thread is for any query realeted to usb pen drive.