What do you know about our company? - Interview Question Answers

If you are facing a HR interview in campus recruitment drive, you are most likely to face this question:

What do you know about our company?

Share with us, how would answer it and what points about the company should be covered?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    If you want to maximize your chance of getting rejected then do the following.

• Tell them that I don't know anything OR
    • Tell them about their company as though you have memorized the info.
    • You should appear confused and less confident.
    Your company was established on DD-MM-YYYY. Your founder is Mr. X, your CEO is Mr. Z

If you want to maximize your chance of getting selected then tell them-
    • Sir, your company deals in product X. I am interested in so & so aspect of it. This is because of the following reason___.
    • Your CEO has evolved this particular decision and made your company evolve like this. I am surprised/ not surprised that your company is interested in so & so area.
    • I have been searching about so and so detail about this thing and I found so and so thing surprising.
    Then you should gradually move that discussion to something that you have prepared for ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think the least that the interviewer expects is that the candidate appearing for the interview 'knows' about the company.
    The best place to find relevant information is the company's official website.
    Go through it, do your homework.
    Know who the company's board of directors/CEO/CFO/COO are. Find out their annual financial reports and have a list of company's clients.
    Also it's important that you know the 'domains or areas' that the company works in.
    It's good to know the names of the company's competitors and it's recent achievements.

I think this much information will be enough. But make sure you are well prepared with all this information.

PS: Ground work makes it easy to climb the ladder of success. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Issue
    If you want to maximize your chance of getting rejected then do the following.

• Tell them that I don't know anything OR
    • Tell them about their company as though you have memorized the info.
    • You should appear confused and less confident.
    Your company was established on DD-MM-YYYY. Your founder is Mr. X, your CEO is Mr. Z

If you want to maximize your chance of getting selected then tell them-
    • Sir, your company deals in product X. I am interested in so & so aspect of it. This is because of the following reason___.
    • Your CEO has evolved this particular decision and made your company evolve like this. I am surprised/ not surprised that your company is interested in so & so area.
    • I have been searching about so and so detail about this thing and I found so and so thing surprising.
    Then you should gradually move that discussion to something that you have prepared for ๐Ÿ˜€
    To tell such things may be a person should be a deep follower of the company..๐Ÿ˜‰
  • ogundele kehinde samuel
    ogundele kehinde samuel
    But I think the best is to tell them that you know nothing about them.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Honestly speaking you dont really have to know everything about the company you are joining into.

Again that depends on the type of operation that company does,you never know much about what the company does in few cases and competitors is a big think because , unless you know about the actual operation then it will be difficult to find.

So my suggestion is to find out the domain of operation and learn about it , then it will be easy to know the competitors.

Take an example of company ADP, Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) is one of the largest providers of business processing and cloud-based solutions โ€“ including payroll, talent management, human resource management, benefits administration and time and attendance โ€“ to employers and automotive dealerships around the world. (copied)

So inorder to understand this you have to dig deep into each and every operation it is doing.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    ogundele kehinde samuel
    But I think the best is to tell them that you know nothing about them.
    Actually it is not the best thing.
    Knowing about the company shows that u are interested/excited about the company. It also shows that u are curious and are ready to put an extra effort.
    They will not expect u to mug up everything about the company, but at the very least, u should know about field and technologies on which the company is working.
  • ogundele kehinde samuel
    ogundele kehinde samuel
    Okay.
    Thanks.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any method or device which would enable to map my location indoor ie in closed building , I have got integrated GPS and AGPS in mobile.Please suggest any...
Could someone share the latest campus placement papers i.e. for Adobe System's campus drive in 2011? What kind of questions do they ask? Is the pattern same as the last...
WIPRO technologies is a leading software industry and third largest after TCS and Infosys. Its selection criteria is as follows Aptitude test:The aptitude test by WIPRO is a bit tough...
Depleting natural resources such as coal, petroleum products, and uncontrolled deforestation for urban development, have compelled visionaries to tap solar power as a sustainable and green power source. However present...
Friends, you could have seen the addition of a new quiz. The name of the Test is: TCS Mock Post ILP Test The password or secret code of the quiz...