what about using a light sensor diode?

can we use a light sensor diode to produce electricity from light?

• 😉

• 😁

Replies

• magnatron
    magnatron
    for üsable"amount of energy use photo-voltaic cell.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    James Reynold
    can we use a light sensor diode to produce electricity from light
    A sensor would sense and produce electrical pulses. That pulse can be used for micro voltage electronic operations but unfortunately with current technology you need minimum .3v to work with any electronics. So that pulse needs to be amplified. The amplifier ( either 741/555) will need external voltage to produce amplication. In a way though you can produce electricity from light sensor, you will waste more in generating!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    James Reynold
    can we use a light sensor diode to produce electricity from light? 😉 😁
    That is what a silicon PV cell is.
    PDF
  • Godfrey
    Godfrey
    A Light Sensor generates an output signal indicating the intensity of light by measuring the radiant energy that exists in a very narrow range of frequencies basically called "light", and which ranges in frequency from "Infrared" to "Visible" up to "Ultraviolet" light spectrum. The light sensor is a passive devices that convert this "light energy" whether visible or in the infrared parts of the spectrum into an electrical signal output. Light sensors are more commonly known as "Photoelectric Devices" or "Photo Sensors" because the convert light energy (photons) into electricity.To know more about go to Search Results For Products By Name: [ light sensor ] .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dont laugh and do not get carried way with title. I have just had the experience of my life! I was taking tea in one of the tea stalls in...
Can anybody say me how to start to learn xml. i knew about its feature when comapring with html.but i dont know the plat form to create xml docs.is any...
I have sound knowledge of english but unable to express give some ideas
Explain some basic s????😔
Here is a slew of Strange vehicles to which I got a link courtesy chrisg288 of CR4 forum: Strange and Unusual Vehicles