Walking Mechanism

Hello Engineers,
This post is about a Walking Mechanism made by Theo jansen, a kinematic sculptor. Theo has used his creativity and bridgred the gap between art and engineering through his imagination and has successfully created a walking mechanism propelled by wind using materials like pvc pipes, plastic bottles etc. The mechanism is a brilliant one.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Yougal Dhiman
    Yougal Dhiman
    indeed grt effort by Theo. We made one prototype of the same for display during our clg festival, it wasn't that smooth but had good mobility.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yougal Dhiman
    indeed grt effort by Theo. We made one prototype of the same for display during our clg festival, it wasn't that smooth but had good mobility.
    Can you post either the design or how this thing which you made worked mate

Welcome to CE mate
  • Yougal Dhiman
    Yougal Dhiman
    i'll look for photographs if i can find them,.. it was 2.5 years back in final year.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yougal Dhiman
    i'll look for photographs if i can find them,.. it was 2.5 years back in final year.
    I am waiting for them

But you can tell us how it works instead right That will do more to all of us
  • Siddhant Mukherjee
    Siddhant Mukherjee
    @#-Link-Snipped-# : Its great to hear that you successfully made the walking mechanism. Please do share your work with us so as to enhance our understanding of this mechanism.
  • Yougal Dhiman
    Yougal Dhiman
    Prototype was made while i was in my final year,we were like the organizers of the event,.. prototype was made by our juniors, we were more like event managers.
    Still i'll look out in my HDD when get time for photographs and thesis of project.

sry feellas cud not help you much abt that.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends can any one tell me how to stop unwanted mail coming from inbox to which i have subscribed earlier. but still the mail from those sites are coming...
Volkswagen India, the German car manufacturer, has today launched its compact hatchback Polo's new variant - the Volkswagen Polo GT TDI. Powered by the 1.6-litre 4-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that features...
Today is the 256th day of the year. And yeah, if you are thinking that it is 28th day of the year, then you are a programmer! Wishing a bug...
The Indian Ministry of Railways has brought a sweet surprise for the India's train passenger. Now Windows 8 OS enabled device users can book train tickets on the go using...
The world's not yet convinced that the optical media is dying. While the electronics and computing giants like Apple have been cutting down optical drives from their machines for the...