CrazyEngineers
  • Siddhant
    Siddhant

MemberSep 12, 2013

Walking Mechanism

Hello Engineers,
    This post is about a Walking Mechanism made by Theo jansen, a kinematic sculptor. Theo has used his creativity and bridgred the gap between art and engineering through his imagination and has successfully created a walking mechanism propelled by wind using materials like pvc pipes, plastic bottles etc. The mechanism is a brilliant one.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Yougal Dhiman

MemberSep 13, 2013

indeed grt effort by Theo. We made one prototype of the same for display during our clg festival, it wasn't that smooth but had good mobility.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberSep 13, 2013

Yougal Dhiman
    indeed grt effort by Theo. We made one prototype of the same for display during our clg festival, it wasn't that smooth but had good mobility.
    Can you post either the design or how this thing which you made worked mate

Welcome to CE mate
    Cancel
  • Yougal Dhiman

MemberSep 13, 2013

i'll look for photographs if i can find them,.. it was 2.5 years back in final year.
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberSep 13, 2013

Yougal Dhiman
    i'll look for photographs if i can find them,.. it was 2.5 years back in final year.
    I am waiting for them

But you can tell us how it works instead right That will do more to all of us
    Cancel
  • Siddhant Mukherjee

MemberSep 13, 2013

@#-Link-Snipped-# : Its great to hear that you successfully made the walking mechanism. Please do share your work with us so as to enhance our understanding of this mechanism.
    Cancel
  • Yougal Dhiman

MemberSep 13, 2013

Prototype was made while i was in my final year,we were like the organizers of the event,.. prototype was made by our juniors, we were more like event managers.
    Still i'll look out in my HDD when get time for photographs and thesis of project.

sry feellas cud not help you much abt that.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register