CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • KenJackson

MemberSep 8, 2013

What host platform are you working on? That is, is your host computer running some distro of Linux? Or OSX on a Mac? Or Windows?

I used to compile VirtualBox years ago on my #-Link-Snipped-# host, though I haven't done it in years because it's already compiled for me now.

If you are running Linux (or OSX, I think), the GCC compiler and GNU tools are already installed. So if you've already downloaded the source code, you can probably compile it with the standard three commands (installation must be done as root):
    configure
    make
    make install
    If you only have a Windows host, you'll have to get compiler and tools first. #-Link-Snipped-# is probably the best choice for this. (Ordinarily I recommend <a href="https://cygwin.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Cygwin</a> for anyone who uses Windows, but if you just want to compile one stand-alone application like VirtualBox, MinGW would probably be easier.)
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • kanikagoyal05

MemberSep 10, 2013

thanx a lot sir gor your response.i installed minGW on windows host and try to open .cpp files but could not opened,plz tell me how to open
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register