Uttarakhand flash flood: How can you help?

Today's TOI has an article about missing people in Uttarakhand flash flood (Relatives start filing FIRs over missing persons in Uttarakhand | Jaipur News - Times of India). Being in IT made me think how can I help? After some research, I figured everybody who has a computer can help. Here's how:

- Govt. is publishing data about rescued people. Sadly it's in PDF format (scanned hand written data).
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#

- Google has an excellent application just to facilitate this Person Finder: 2013 Uttarakhand Floods . Sadly, without quality data, it's useless.

So here's what I'm gonna do - Feed govt. data into google app and clean up data where required. Pretty much DTP work - but hope it'll help people who are looking for whereabouts of their friends and family. Chip in if you can.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let me first convince you that Quora is similar to CE... It is not only about the Question and Their Answers ... its about the feelings that we have faced...
Hello CEans, I am amateur blogger, infact i just created my tech-blog which I am planning improve it & attract as many viewers i can. Now, problem in blogger is,...
We're quite sure that all the participants of the CEoM contest are all geared up to register their name in the CrazyEngineers Hall Of Fame and win $100 cash prize....
Dear Friends, i am looking for tutorials/manuals for ansys workbench 14 so that i can understand the working of ANSYS throughly. i already explore youtube but i need some material...
actually what happens when cache memory is cleared?is it the unwanted or wasted memory or is it something else? please explain in detail.