Queries In Customizing Blog, Need Guidance.

Hello CEans,
I am amateur blogger, infact i just created #-Link-Snipped-# which I am planning improve it & attract as many viewers i can.
Now, problem in blogger is, when i switch from classic view to magazine view as default, all my changed fonts settings are erased.
Is there anyway that I can change the template & my settings won't disrupt ?

Also, i wanna add CE logo & also logo of free book of resource section in my blog.
How to do it ?
Please help 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you're starting a new blog, I'd recommend starting it up on Tumblr or WordPress. If you want to monetize your blog the blogspot is good - because then you will be able to add Adsense ads on it.

That said, it might just put some restrictions on how you can customise your blog. In order to retain fonts - first make a note of which fonts are being used. I see that for the titles of the post, the font being used is Chewy.

Add following line to the header of your blog -

Then replace the font being used for 'H1' tags in your blog (the right place to find would be the CSS file editor) with word 'Chewy'.

For CE Logos, we're getting a few new badges ready. Wait for an official announcement soon.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    Hello CEans,
    I am amateur blogger, infact i just created #-Link-Snipped-# which I am planning improve it & attract as many viewers i can.
    Now, problem in blogger is, when i switch from classic view to magazine view as default, all my changed fonts settings are erased.
    Is there anyway that I can change the template & my settings won't disrupt ?

Also, i wanna add CE logo & also logo of free book of resource section in my blog.
    How to do it ?
    Please help 😀

Now a days I am not active on my blog but I have tried to setup blog with blogspot and wordpress and I found wordpress very impressive. It's very easy to create and manage your blog.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I wanna earn money too using adsense.
    I need some dope articles in there first which can attract audience.

Any guidance ?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    My 2 cents -
    If you are planning to have a techno blog, keep it limited to one topic only (Probably Linux?). That will earn you some name and respect over a period of time. ultimately that's the way to go for adsense [people would like to see what a linux geek had written on his blog].

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Adsense is a great program to make money off original, compelling content that gets traffic. The program however demands patience. Unless you get at least 500-1000 visitors a day; the program won't make significant money; but it should start paying for your movie tickets even with ~300 visitors a day.

Be patient with Adsense. It's allowed several people to quit their regular jobs and take up their hobbies full time; while Adsense paying the bills.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The articles I usually write on Linux,are entry level. Also, Linux users are rare. I am targetting larger audience.
    So,I am thinking of a blog about Embedded electronics,DIY with my base codes which doesnt mean I am quitting on linux.
    I will keep posting about interesting threads on Linux.

BTW Thank you all for guidance.

Keyword : Patience & unique threads.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    Keyword : Patience & unique threads.
    Forget about Blogging only... These four words are mantra of success for anything in the world.

Entry level is very subjective term. Entry level you think can be a pro for a novice reader, and real entry level for a RHCE /RHCA, right? You can not judge your own knowledge.

If Possible, Customize your blog into two sections for two interests? How does that sound?

-CB
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal

Any guidance ?

Then Blogspot is perfect 👍. I think then you need to search for some cool and free theme for blogspot that will give better look to your blog. Please have a look at #-Link-Snipped-#'s blog I think he mentioned some good themes in earlier posts.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I have used blog spot earlier, it good but not very customizable. Wordpress is very customizable and lots of plugin there.

You can use your adsense account for any website (including wordpress), only restriction is there is limit of 3 ads on one page and you should not use two monetize products (adsense and any other ad service) on single site.

Why Wordpress:
    When your blog will be popular, definitely you are not going to use .blogspot or .wordpress.com , you will use your own domain name and hosting like amazon. porting wordpress is very easy and you can convert a blog to a full website.
    you know that it has been set up on totally open source tools, Wordpress+PHP+Mysql.

See my trash corner (my signature), set up on wordpress, I took a simple template and added some jquery and css stuffs by myself. ☕
  • poganinja
    poganinja
    Abhishek Rawal

Any guidance ?

Hi adsense is one among the best way to earn money online

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We're quite sure that all the participants of the CEoM contest are all geared up to register their name in the CrazyEngineers Hall Of Fame and win $100 cash prize....
Dear Friends, i am looking for tutorials/manuals for ansys workbench 14 so that i can understand the working of ANSYS throughly. i already explore youtube but i need some material...
actually what happens when cache memory is cleared?is it the unwanted or wasted memory or is it something else? please explain in detail.
I like doing chat over mobile, using chat applications. In past I have used- WhatsApp, WeChat, Skype, Viber Other than these there are many apps in the market like Nimbuzz,...
The ministry of external affairs, India would soon say 'There's an app for that'. The MEA is getting ready to embrace the app-world with arms wide open and has promised...