Use of Supercomputers- From Powering Social Networks To Cancer Research

A look at how national labs in China and the US are using supercomputers to develop new products faster and solve complex challenges.

Super computers are now being used for -
  • Developing better products, like more efficient engines and batteries
  • Developing alternative energy sources
  • Improving the efficiency of existing energy sources
  • Climate research
  • Researching cures for cancer and diseases like the H1N1 virus
Take a look at this short video put up by Nvidia team for people without a computer science degree, to help better understand the power of supercomputers :

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It would take a cast of hundreds and locations across the globe. Scientific photographers on the ground and in chase planes would capture much of the action. In the end,...
If you own a page on Facebook, by now you probably know that just like individual profiles, now the pages are also getting a timeline look. So, I decided to...
Most of them interested to watching games like cricket, hockey, football, kabbadi, etc . , they can also post here . . . And in that particular games who is...
Hi all, Recently I came across this question. 33/11=3 is true in which base? a)10 b)2 c)both d)none The answer given to this was both which is satisfactory when we...
hi all, i got 41 marks with a gate score of 460. my AIR is 5649. i am from ST- category. can i get a call from BHEL/IOCL?