CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 27, 2011

Difficult to guess problem. Are you getting any error/warning messages? Are you copying a single file or multiple files?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • srinuvasu38

MemberOct 27, 2011

Thank for responding, the message is unable to copy,it is a single file.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 27, 2011

Is it a new pendrive? Have you used it before? Have you tried formatting the pen drive? Have you scanned it for viruses? Is it write protected?

PS: Asking questions is an art, right? You need to provide as much information you can so that it's easier for us to find out the real problem.
    Cancel
  • srinuvasu38

MemberOct 27, 2011

Yes, it is new pendrive. I had formatted earlier the same as you said. but the result is same.
    Cancel
  • Manish Goyal

MemberOct 27, 2011

did you buy it from road 😀 , i have seen many people in Delhi selling such pen driveS claiming 8 gb kingston pendrive at 200 rs , and most of them are found to be duplicate
    Cancel
  • srinuvasu38

MemberOct 27, 2011

I had bought in shop not from roadside as you said, please give some suggestions regarding this
    Cancel
  • Reya

MemberOct 27, 2011

@Srinivas: Is it write protected?
    Cancel
  • ShrinkDWorld

MemberOct 29, 2011

Have you use it before? I think it is a fake pen drive you can reprogram its memory chip & get proper size. Now i am collecting its information. Just start goggling you can easily find the tutorial other wise please remember me i will tell you 😀
    Cancel
  • cherry!

MemberNov 10, 2011

That is because the limit of file size that u can copy in a single file is 4GB. Your pen drive is working fine
    Cancel
  • Aashish Joshi

MemberNov 16, 2011

How did you format the pendrive? Did you use FAT or NTFS?

I remember reading somewhere that it is not possible to copy/create a file of more than 4GB size on a FAT32 file system! Maybe you should try and format it as NTFS.
    Cancel
  • Mr.Don

MemberNov 19, 2011

Hi Srinu, There is nothing wrong with your pen drive an no need to panic.You had formatted your pen drive in FAT32 format previously and FAT32 will only allow 4 GB in a single file transfer so in order to transfer the file larger than that, you need to require to change the pen drive format into NTFS. In Windows XP, it won't directly show format type NTFS unless you change some properties. I hope this link given below will help you change the format. So Happy Formatting into NTFS mode for large file data transferring 😀
    <a href="https://www.ntfs.com/quest22.htm" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">How do I format a USB Flash Drive to NTFS file system? - NTFS.com</a>
    Cancel
  • vlad brown

MemberSep 12, 2018

You should remove write protection from your USB flash drive. 

Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register