ISHAN TOPRE
ISHAN TOPRE
Branch Unspecified
23 Mar 2012

Unable To Attach Files In Google chrome!

While sending mails, if I want to attach a file I am unable to do so with Google Chrome. I am unable to browse the location of file. I have to open Internet Explorer and then send the mail with attachments. What to do?

Is there any Virus in my system? How to solve this?

Sada godfather Praveen-Kumar?
23 Mar 2012
Issue
While sending mails, if I want to attach a file I am unable to do so with Google Chrome. I am unable to browse the location of file. I have to open Internet Explorer and then send the mail with attachments. What to do?

What are you actually facing?
23 Mar 2012
Issue

If you are not under proxy, can you try dragging the file and dropping on the attachments part?
23 Mar 2012
Use a neat email client like Thunderbird. Configure it to connect through IMAP.
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
23 Mar 2012
Praveen-Kumar
What are you actually facing?
When you are composing the mail, there is an option "attach the file".
When I am clicking on it nothing happens. Normally a new window should open for me to select the file.

But I am unable to do so.

P.S: If I drag and drop the file, I can attach it as you say.

One more query: After I have upgraded to Windows 8, I am unable to find Wordpad, MS Paint, Excel and other programs. Do I need to install them again?
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
23 Mar 2012
The_Big_K
I am not a computer genius😨 Please simplify the technical jargon 😀 My browser is Google chrome and not firefox.
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
23 Mar 2012
23 Mar 2012
Issue: Please install flash! This works only when you have flash plugin... Get flash player from adobe site: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
23 Mar 2012
Praveen-Kumar
Issue: Please install flash! This works only when you have flash plugin... Get flash player from adobe site: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
There is no option of "Download" on this page.
23 Mar 2012
Issue
There is no option of "Download" on this page.
Which browser are you using?

See there's a download button there:
[​IMG]
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
23 Mar 2012
In my browser I am unable to see that option on the said link.
23 Mar 2012
Issue
In my browser I am unable to see that option on the said link.
WHAT BROWSER??? 😲
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
23 Mar 2012
Praveen-Kumar
WHAT BROWSER??? 😲
Google Chrome.

The website says

Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
23 Mar 2012
There is perhaps some different problem that I am unable to attach a file along with my mail on Chrome.

Coming to the same problem, I want the option to browse the file to select it. I am anyways able to drag-drop a file for attachment.
23 Mar 2012
Issue
Google Chrome.

The website says
Oh Sheesh!!! Yeah!!! 😛
Harshad Italiya

Harshad Italiya

Electronics and Communication
23 Mar 2012
I too have same problem with Crome in my Office PC. I have tried to solve but now uninstalled Crome and using Firefox.
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
24 Mar 2012
godfather can you decode these words of Biggie?
I am unable to understand a thing.
The_Big_K
Harshad Italiya

Harshad Italiya

Electronics and Communication
24 Mar 2012
by using thunderbird you can connect your mail account with that application after that you've need not to open browser for sending receiving mail you can directly send via thunderbird. And you can check your mail and attachment even you don't have internet connection.
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
24 Mar 2012
gf, I am using Chrome and thunderbird is an application of Mozilla. So should I download this? https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
25 Mar 2012
Issue
gf, I am using Chrome and thunderbird is an application of Mozilla. So should I download this? https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
Yeah... And follow these instructions here: https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=180189

Hope this is crystal clear! 😀
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
25 Mar 2012
Praveen-Kumar
Yeah... And follow these instructions here: https://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=180189

Hope this is crystal clear! 😀
Did it. 😀
Understood. I can couple my gmail account with thunderbird by enabling and disabling the IMAP setting 😀
One last query. Now as I open this thunderbird icon, I can see all mails. Is there any option or sign out? Or do I need to click on File and then exit?
25 Mar 2012
Issue
Did it. 😀
Understood. I can couple my gmail account with thunderbird by enabling and disabling the IMAP setting 😀
One last query. Now as I open this thunderbird icon, I can see all mails. Is there any option or sign out? Or do I need to click on File and then exit?
Just see the × button on the top right! 😀 It is meant to have your mail client... Something like your Inbox of the SMS in your mobile! There's no need to sign out as it is your personal thingy and no one uses!!! Makes sense? 😁
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
25 Mar 2012
Praveen-Kumar
Just see the × button on the top right! 😀 It is meant to have your mail client... Something like your Inbox of the SMS in your mobile! There's no need to sign out as it is your personal thingy and no one uses!!! Makes sense? 😁
Oye, I have a desktop computer and everyone in my family is free to use it.
25 Mar 2012
Issue
Oye, I have a desktop computer and everyone in my family is free to use it.
Don't you have your own username and password to log in? Like here:
[​IMG]
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
25 Mar 2012
nope. Will try to do it. Lemme check.
25 Mar 2012
After clicking on the Start Menu, click on the User Picture Icon on the top.
Then click on Manage another account.
Click on the Create a new account link.
Give a name in the Textbox.
If you want that user to have all the rights, i.e., installing and uninstalling software, changing the system preferences and all, choose Administrator as the account type, else choose Standard User.
Click on the Create Account button.

Enjoy!!! 😀
25 Mar 2012
What happened? Done?
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
25 Mar 2012
Praveen-Kumar
What happened? Done?
Nope. Everyone uses this computer. Let there be transparency.
26 Mar 2012
Issue
Nope. Everyone uses this computer. Let there be transparency.
Fine! 😀
ISHAN TOPRE

ISHAN TOPRE

Branch Unspecified
27 Mar 2012
Hey is it similar to MS outlook?
28 Mar 2012
Issue
Hey is it similar to MS outlook?
Exactly similar! 😀

If you don't wanna use ThunderBird, you can very well use MS Outlook. BTW, Thunderbird is better and easier to use than Outlook! 😀

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.