Audio Drivers For Windows 8

Which drivers do I need to install for windows 8 so that I can activate audio in my system?
Or what are the other settings I should go for?
#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't think you need extra drivers to activate Audio. Just check with system's audio settings and if things are turned 'mute'. By the way, unless you tell us your system's audio hardware configuration; we can't give you appropriate answers.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Issue
    Which drivers do I need to install for windows 8 so that I can activate audio in my system?
    Or what are the other settings I should go for?
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    Drivers are preloaded with Windows 8 and moreover, Windows 7 drivers are good for 8 too... One more thing... You need to plug in a speaker in order for the sound to be enabled. Its a feature from Windows 7, where, even though you got the drivers installed, without a speaker, the audio hardware would be disabled!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    Without a speaker, the audio hardware would be disabled!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    ok I will try. Earlier sound would come from CPU.

#-Link-Snipped-# The audio settings as per Piriform Speccy are

SoundMAX Integrated digital audio
    Not very useful, is it? I will check for other settings too.

P.S: Sorry for the trouble guys. This is the first time I am handling my own system and not calling any service person.
    Issue
    ok I will try. Earlier sound would come from CPU.

#-Link-Snipped-# The audio settings as per Piriform Speccy are

SoundMAX Integrated digital audio
    Not very useful, is it? I will check for other settings too.

P.S: Sorry for the trouble guys. This is the first time I am handling my own system and not calling any service person.
    That doesn't work... Even a headphone works... The same config is there in my office. Till XP, the sound was working from the internal speakers, and after putting Windows 7, it ceased! ๐Ÿ˜”
    PS: Don't call a technician... We are Engineers!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    That doesn't work... Even a headphone works... The same config is there in my office. Till XP, the sound was working from the internal speakers, and after putting Windows 7, it ceased! ๐Ÿ˜”
    ok so you are suggesting me to attach headphones/ speaker and see if it works, isn't it?
    Let me try that ๐Ÿ˜€
    Issue
    ok so you are suggesting me to attach headphones/ speaker and see if it works, isn't it?
    Let me try that ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yup! Precisely! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I did attach the speakers. Nothing happened.

But while trouble shooting, I got this message-

Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. Atleast one of these services isn't running.
    What to do?
    Check these out...
    Just a moment...
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We entrepreneurs (and wannabe entrepreneurs) have a tough job of keeping ourselves motivated when the things go wrong. And Murphy's laws govern every move and most of the entrepreneurs here...
Anyone with interaction diagram where fy=276MPa and fc=21Mpa??? I need it for column design. ๐Ÿ˜– thank you...๐Ÿ˜€
hi all how is a solar panel specified , when purchasing one ?
hi ppl, shall we have discussion on ways to increase durability of concrete,which can be useful in field?
the differential as most of us know is a device on the rear axle of a car. it varies the speed of the wheels on the same axle during turning...