Aim In Life: Want To Be Very Rich

I remember while interviewing a candidate for the position of Junior Software Engineer, I asked this question: What's your aim in life? . I wasn't expecting any answer, but I only expected an answer you can fit into some 'sense frame'.

The answer I got was, "I want to be very rich". Now such answers typically lead to an interesting Interview. I asked 'follow up' questions like 'how rich' would be 'very rich' and what's your plan to become 'very rich'. The candidate could not answer.

The lesson: You may have any aim in life; just be prepared to answer the basic follow-up questions. For example, if your aim is to climb the Mount Everest, that's a realistic aim, and you should be prepared to answer questions like "What's your strategy?", "Why do you want to climb Mt. Everest?" , "What are the challenges in achieving your aim?" etc.

I hope you find this tip useful.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I think having any aim is 1st step but the 2nd mandatory step is having roadmap for this.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, 'Roadmap' is the right word.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    You should have a reason for having an aim, whatever aim that may be.. And if you are clear about that reason, then you will be able to answer the follow up questions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In TIEcon, I got a chance to hear some famous entrepreneurs who were notoriously dull and boring. When they were explaining about capital funding, I was on the verge of...
Which drivers do I need to install for windows 8 so that I can activate audio in my system? Or what are the other settings I should go for? AbraKaDabra...
We entrepreneurs (and wannabe entrepreneurs) have a tough job of keeping ourselves motivated when the things go wrong. And Murphy's laws govern every move and most of the entrepreneurs here...
Anyone with interaction diagram where fy=276MPa and fc=21Mpa??? I need it for column design. 😖 thank you...😀
hi all how is a solar panel specified , when purchasing one ?