Ultimate Tyre Theory

First off,
i think i've found a perfectly good theory 4 improvin tyres...

i've got a cool aluminum bike and can make the dirt swing and black carbon marks on d road for almost a 270 degree turns!๐Ÿ˜Ž

but the think dat down is dat the tyres went COMPLETE flat in just 2 dayz!!๐Ÿ˜•

llo CE!! i think--

well tyres carbon fibre, an extremly light compound, harder than steel, rust proof, even though makin it costly,
a think rim of hollow tyre shaped should be made. infact this should look like the real tyre only(shape like dat)

now, an extremely THICK rubber tyre should be "put" on this , but the frame should be extremely well lubricated n oilded.
thus, this special customed made "tyre" is forever free of punctures!!
๐Ÿ˜

Only possible falws-
FRICTION-
may make tyre hot n burn

solution- the actual rubber is contact with d road not the carbon fiber frame!! so friction amounts the same

NOISE -
this heavy mettalic frame would make the bike screeech like shit!

solution- the actual rubber is contact with d road not the carbon fiber frame!! so noise amounts the same

WEIGHT -

solution-
clever idea. first, the carbon fiber frame is thin. its 80% lighter than steel. next, when the frame is designed in the factory, they ought to fill it up with compressed hyelium gas. this reduces the weightof the whole tyre by the already existin tyre by 30% BEAT DAT! ๐Ÿ˜

besides, this "tyre is only and only once be filled with gas, so zero maintanece, zero loss with time, puncture proof, and LO ! flaw less pln!

Plz TALK ABOUT THIS

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You want helium filled cycle tyres? How practical is that? But thumbs up for your crazy idea ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • L$ Live$
    L$ Live$
    The_Big_K
    You want helium filled cycle tyres? How practical is that? But thumbs up for your crazy idea ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
    Helll yeah Homie!๐Ÿ˜

all i ask is tell why its not possible.
    i think CE CAN DO IT!!
  • L$ Live$
    L$ Live$
    Some1 Plz Talk About This I Think I"ve Relutionised The Whole World....
  • Newmanite
    Newmanite
    You have just solved the worlds tyre problem.
    But how much will it cost?
  • overdrive
    overdrive
    What happens when u go over the bumps and pot holes...what happens if ur carbon fibre sheet gets bent??will the tyre profile remain the same??
  • gohm
    gohm
    They have done studies of gases and old fashion air actually works the best in tires because it is cheap, easily available and has great properties dealing with compression and heat. Thick rubber tires would decrease the tires ability to absorb bumps, transmitting more to the bike causing increased unstability in the steering geometry and a rougher ride for the user. The suspension system and wheel would also get more force passed through it. Even though thick, your tire is still filled with a gas which could still get punctured though maybe not quite as easily. Also thicker tires would have less grip because it would take much more heat from friction to warm them up to proper operation temps for optimal traction ability.

By carbon fiber frame are you talking about the wheel/rim?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Make one and test it. On paper everything looks fine but on road you will face the real test for your tyre. Its an original idea and thats a very good thing but i don't think it's practically possible.
  • desijays
    desijays
    @L$ Live$

If its such a good, how come you haven't followed upon it? Cos if you did, we would know you believe in your own idea. And if you didn't ,Im afraid its hard to convince anyone else to believe in it.

Anything is 'game' inside the boxing ring. !! Hope you got that. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vinayak sathe
    vinayak sathe
    Normal air has oxygen in it. The organic matter in tyre gets slowly oxidised due to cyclic temperature changes from room temperature to very hot when you drive at high speed for prolonged duration. The oxidation shows is brittleness and hair cracks. Apart from normal wear, this is a major cause of reduced life. Tyre life gets prolonged if Nitrogen is used instead of air. Pressurised Nitrogen cylinders are commertially available like Oxygen cylinders. Heavy duty off the highway vehicles have used Nitrogen with success
  • gohm
    gohm
    Very true, good point! They also use nitrogen in racing tires as well as aircraft. Although I would still prefer carying a pump for public use then buying nitrogen cylinders. Mainly because I wear tread way before the tire becomes brittle and I do not need the high traction stability nitrogen causes at various temp & humidity levels on the street.

Could a cheap, easy means of nitrogen extraction be devised for home use?
  • mdronsubbs
    mdronsubbs
    GR8 1 guys......for a safer side lets b practical.....
    come on people.......hey u tried it practically.....๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜’
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    How about Argon? Thats more abundant and cheaper to get than nitrogen, I believe.

Though, I have no idea of its suitability in tires. I kinda loathe chemistry in high school ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • vaitheeswaran
    vaitheeswaran
    ๐Ÿ˜’
    How could this be an ultimate idea?

However it avoids punctures,It is not possible 2 move the vehicle when it is torn by someone.
    The carbon fiber frame is much lighter.It could not bear the wt of vehicle when it is torn .

So,another strong metal frame is to be provided over which the THICK rubber tyre may be covered..
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • vaitheeswaran
    vaitheeswaran
    ๐Ÿ˜› I agree to have nitrogen instead of oxygen in the tyres....

how could the use of helium in the tyres help in avoiding punctures in tyres?
  • gohm
    gohm
    By making the tires float over sharp objects... ๐Ÿ˜

vaitheeswaran
    ๐Ÿ˜› I agree to have nitrogen instead of oxygen in the tyres....

how could the use of helium in the tyres help in avoiding punctures in tyres?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends....how are u all.. actually i have a problem which i wnt to discuss here..... whenever i type orkut in my web browser...it displays a dialog box with message......
New CEans, If you need urgent help with anything related to CE, feel free to send an instant message on Yahoo Messenger @ crazy.engineers . If I'm online, I'll be...
what is paging in os??? Tell me a site where i could refer to the fundamentals of paging.
Hi Everybody, This time I came to seek help from, I need topics based on which I can make simple working models regarding electrical & electronics branch. I will be...
well...i want to do a mini-project in da field of instrumentation and control(prefferably)...culd neone...suggest me hw do i select a topic n strt up?????