UberPitch India Promoted By TVF Pitchers - Meet VC, CEO Or Investor In A Cab

TVF Pitchers' 4 co-founders recently shared a video that is useful for real life entrepreneurs and startup owners. If you have always wanted to pitch your big idea to an investor, but never knew how to approach one, here's a chance.
Uber has launched a campaign called UberPitch to let startup owners present their ideas to India’s most accomplished investors from TLabs, amongst other prominent venture firms.

UberPITCH is in New Delhi, Mumbai and Pune on 12th August
and in Bangalore on 13th August

How to apply for UberPitch?

1. Open the Uber app on your mobile between 12 -4 PM,
  2. Select the UberPITCH view on 12 or 13th August depending on your city.
  3. If your request is connected, a car will arrive with a VC.
  4. Hop-in and use the 15 minutes to pitch your idea and get feedback on your idea with the VC.
  5. The best part? All this is for FREE!
Anyone recommending this to a startup owner you know?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like the UberPitch has begun already! Waiting to update here with details about experiences of people applying to this initiative. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I'm curious to know who are the participating VCs, CEOs and Angel Investors. I like the concept, but is it not a gross waste of VC time that they've to spend in traveling to the startup? Why not simply organise a startup event and offer a free ride to every attendee via Uber?

Also, is there any shortlisting criteria that will help investors decide which startup to meet?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We have a list of investors and VCs participating in every city. Here it goes:

UberPitch In Delhi -
    1. TLabs
    2. SeedFund
    3. Helion Venture Partners
    4. LightSpeed Venture Partners.
    UberPitch In Mumbai -
    1. Blume Ventures
    2. Nexus Partners
    3. Kae Capital
    4. Orios Venture Partners

UberPitch In Bangalore -
    1. SAIF Partners
    2. AngelPrime
    3. Helion Capital
    4. Qualcomm Ventures
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    is there any shortlisting criteria that will help investors decide which startup to meet?
    Yeah. I was looking for the same too. I guess since it is for only 4 hours, they will target 10-15 startups only. So, I am thinking it will be mostly on first-come-first-serve basis.

When it comes to meeting with a VC, you need a lot of luck in your favour anyway.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of startup owners are tweeting that the Uber app says, "No UberPitch cars available"

Some startup guys tweeting: Not able to find any cars guys!
    TVF is tweeting: We have limited cabs only, so keep trying.

Waiting to hear someone say, YAY My VC is on the way.
  • Aadarsh93
    Aadarsh93
    Even after connecting they are asking to fill a Google form, and explain your idea in 100 characters not even words. and if VCs will like it they will call you back.

How am i supposed to explain my idea in 100 CHARACTERS and VCs will understand it.:/
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aadarsh93
    Even after connecting they are asking to fill a Google form, and explain your idea in 100 characters not even words. and if VCs will like it they will call you back.

How am i supposed to explain my idea in 100 CHARACTERS and VCs will understand it.:/
    Thought so. There has to be a mechanism to filter out non-serious startups; but 100 characters to pitch looks like a 'joke'. I think Uber got what they wanted - a buzz in the media and some free advertisement. I'm curious to know how effective it will turn out to be, eventually.

I'm guessing one should post a link to youtube video where the founders pitch their startup in about a minute 😀 .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am following the # UberPITCH tag on Twitter and it turns out that it has been a quick mentoring session of sorts. Lots of people are tweeting that they got 'good advice' and 'good feedback' from the VC.

Among the key persons traveling in the cabs right now, here are the names I could get:

Pratik Poddar, a VC from NexusVP
    Sanjay Mehta, a member of Indian Angel Network
    Sohila Shah another angel Investor
    Mathieu Morand, a VC from OriosVP
    Amit Singh from KAW Capital
    Blume Ventures
    Alok Goel from Helion Ventures
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am not sure why they didn't mention about the 140 character limit during the promotions. Given the short time slot, startups would have been better prepared with their 'Pitch in a Tweet'. It is surely tough to convince a VC to travel to your office with barely two sentences.
    Kudos to those who made it!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    For those who missed it yesterday, check a video by CNBC Aawaz here -

As per the video more than 150 startups have registered for UberPitch.
    Today, the same event will happen in Bangalore (India's Silicon Valley) during 12 pm to 4 pm. It will be interesting to see how many make it through.

If any of the startup guys are reading this, do keep your 140 character short pitch ready to input in the Uber app for registering.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Takeaways from the video above:
    • Team
    • Vision
    • Market Opportunity - can the startup grow into a billion dollar company?
    I'm curious to listen to the experiences of entrepreneurs who got a chance to pitch their ideas. It wouldn't hurt if VCs and Angels who participated in the initiative could share their thoughts.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ITU means International Telecommunication Union define the 5G for mobile network. As it has speed of 20 Gbps which is 20 times faster than 4G network. ITU conference on 5G...
Like they say, it all started over a beer. Twikster is no exception. The founder, Namrata Soni was working as an eBusiness Systems Consultant at Wells Fargo (San Francisco) in...
Is it good choice to prefer mass communication pg after graduation,from starting i am fascinate towards this and also animation,now i have passed my engineering 2015 itself in IT field..now...
Its too Risky😛 .. I got my new mobile , i started to use it..and its a android device ,now i am started to use and exploring it ..started learning...
Learning a programming language is a daunting task. Picking one from the plethora out there can be incredibly difficult, especially if you don’t understand the differences between them. Udacity has...