Typical chemical engineering problems

We'd love to have Chemical Engineers discuss issues/problems faced by them here. What are the typical technical problems faced by chemical engineers?

Let's collect the problems in this thread and then start new discussions for each of the problem/issues we find here.

What say?

Replies

• inferno3
    inferno3
    The amount of insulation required around pipes is a very interesting classical chemE problem. There is actually a critical radius that too little insulation will cause an increase in conductive heat transfer. This would make the insulated pipe hotter than the same pipe without insulation!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Online & offline, I've handled the most frequently asked question by engineering students - " Post engineering, what should I go for: MBA, MS or M.Tech? " I invite all...
I overheard the discussion between two young engineers about Credit Cards & Debit Cards. Starting a thread where we can discuss credit cards vs debit cards. If you have any...
Let's say I've about 1,00,000 bucks spare in my bank and I want to invest them wisely. What investment strategy do you suggest and why?
CEans, Now you can blog directly from iPhone using SixAparts' BlogIt! Check the details here - TypePad - Features - Blogging on the iPhone
hi, guys i really need iDeas regarding my Project in mEcHaNiCaL Engg...