TV repairing at home - Share tips

I have an old crt television set; yesterday i was checking whether it is working or not, fortunately it started ... but plenty amount of ghost image i have noticed, also channels and volume changes automatically.
I wanna repair it own my own.
Just need guidance of what precautions should i take care of and which components i shouldnt mess with.
PS : dont give me entire solution of problem; but one or two hints are welcomed.
Please dont sleep on this post .
share any practical knowledge you have of TV repairing 😀

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update : Ghosts fixed on Thursday.

But today when I turned TV ON ,the screen turned Black.
    Still automatically changing of channel and sound aint fixed & one more shit popped up.

Feels like top gets higher, the more that I climb 😔

Help please ?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Just do post whether you are looking after your old TV now
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    we have a section so called picture controls where u need to change the resistor and capacitor as to change ....ghost prediction circuit...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Auto transition of channels is due to blown up capacitor friend do check them

But be very careful not to play with it too much as inbuilt potential of 2k Volts in the picture tube can knock you out if you touch it accidentally

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bing It On! We informed you about how Microsoft's opened a direct battle against Google with the bing it on program. It looks like Microsoft's retired the program as the...
Looks like the Indian Government isn't ready to let A.Raja go. The former telecom minister was sent to jail (and then released) for involvement in Rs. 1.76 lakh crore 2G...
I think most of us need an app for dictionary on our phones. It always comes in handy when some word comes to your mind when in travel or while...
LG is launching its all new 84″ 4K TV (84LM9600) in the US next month, after its first display in Korea. Priced at a rate of whooping US $19,999, this...
I spotted above quote while reading Vinod Khosla's article in TechCrunch about whether one needs to be a jerk to be a successful entrepreneur. Kholsa's article is a response to...