Truck Bomb blast at Marriot Hotel, Islamabad

What is going on? 😔

A suicide truck bombing destroyed the packed Marriott Hotel, near the Parliament building and the prime minister's home, in the city of Islamabad, Pakistan, on Saturday night.

The attack killed at least 40 people and wounded another 200, police said.

People were still trapped in the hotel, which burst into flames after the explosion caused a natural gas pipe leak, officials said. The fire was still burning at 2 a.m., six hours after the blast, according to The Associated Press.

Rescuers worked to move bloodied bodies from the hotel but were forced to stop out of fear that the structure could collapse.

Details and the number of fatalities are still unclear because of conflicting initial reports. One or two vehicles was involved in the attack.
Read more: Deadly blast targets Marriott Hotel in Islamabad - CNN.com

We CEans really need to think up on how to combat these idiots. From the New Delhi blasts and now this, they are getting bolder. I remember living in Islamabad in 1992, things were pretty peaceful.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Humans are killing each other. This is just the start of the end of mankind; is it not?
  • Sunnyrulz
    Sunnyrulz
    Yeah...my city just went under a historic and most horrifying terrorist attack...!!!
    This was the 10th terrorist attack in Islamabad since its creation...!!
    Please pray for the safety of all the humans...!! 😔

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm sure many of CEans already have idea about this ! I need some information. What are the websites that provide free website building ? Which one you recommend ?...
hey can anyone help me......................... m a b.tech final year student in IT need to submit project n wish to b suggested a good topic for it . my area...
hey everyone .. has anyone heard of microsofts surface computing...if u havent then plesase check out this cool video in you tube...i was hoping we could discuss how the technology...
I am currently doing my final year..........I need to know how to choose the project.......Is there any website for giving suggestions about the Electronic projects.........Plz reply ...............
Hi Friends, I am a compter engineer from Haryana. I am living in pune these days after doing cdac.