triple boot with linux

I have Windoze xp and Opensuse as a dual boot system right now. All i want to do is put another linux distro (say fedora core) and triple boot my system.
now i tried many ways and i always end up having the latest installed linux and losing the one installed before it. i tried fiddling with grub but i am still a noob and i am not able to get the two linux distros on my grub.
even if i try to give them a valid path...it says that partition is not mounted during boot and hence it cannot access the boot images and initrd.
please help me as i have been stuck with this problem for a long time....
as always any help is sincerely appreciated!!!
thanks n c ya!!

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hi Simple,

Lets say that you are currently at WinXP + OpenSuse - at this juncture, please save your grub.conf on a separate partition which you wont mess around with.

Then simply install the other linux, edit the grub.conf file and put the entries in the previous grub file.

I think that should do.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whats the difference between execve() and system() in C?? presumably both are used to execute external executable file?? i searched up on google but i thought guys in here would...
hi guys, i am doing my 2nd year in electronics & communication engg. I just have some basic knowledge abt computers. Can any1 pls temme how i shud develop my...
hello guys, I have this small doubt. The characteristic impedance of transmission lines is 50 ohm in india while it's 75 ohm in the USA. Why is this difference, what...
hi! i am new here. i wanted to make a car adapter for my external hdd. the aim is to convert 12v dc car battery output to a constant 5.6v...
Name: Hemanth *Engineering Trade:I.T Location:Bangalore *Occupation: (Student Unemployed) *Hobbies & Interests: Makin fren. *I joined CrazyEngineers because: I'm A CRAZY ENGG...