CrazyEngineers
  • DARPA - the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is building a new type of car-kidnapping car transporting drone called 'Transformer TX' which would make 'off-roading' look refreshingly new. Trust us, what you saw and played in video games is coming true and Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works division is leading a team with Piasecki Aircraft to design this drone. Transformer TX will be a compact, high speed vertical take-off and landing (aka VTOL) unmanned payload delivery system. The development of the machine currently in its 'Phase 3'.

slide

Though being designed for DARPA, the transformer tx would be useful not only in warfields, but also to carry interchangeable payloads like cargo pods, medical evacuation units, rescue missions etc. Lockheed Martin showed off the designs of the vehicles at the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) a few days ago. Company's engineers have found out that the UAVs can carry cars.

Transformer-TX

The current Transformer TX design allows for enclosed rotors that allow take off and landing in half-the area as compared to any regular helicopter. The machine will be able to do about 250 miles in a single take fill. It will be able to move with speeds of about 200 knots.

Do let us know what you think about these machines.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberAug 19, 2013

So its the future of cargo and is this a proposal or a prototype model?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorAug 19, 2013

Won't it work fabulously alongside terminators? I feel like we are looking directly into the future. Everything Sci Fi is being materialized. In due time, we will be pre-ordering such cool stuff.
    Cancel
  • zaveri

MemberAug 19, 2013

now this is a usefull animal. i hope people do not misuse it, if it is commercialized it in the future.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 20, 2013

zaveri
    now this is a usefull animal. i hope people do not misuse it, if it is commercialized it in the future.
    This won't be commercialized. Even if it is; it'd only go to big corporations. Looks like we're all entering into a dronified world 😀
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 20, 2013

This one is quite excellent. This will help in rescue missions perfectly as it is said in the post. Think about Fire in tall buildings, or similar cases. About extreme floods like we unfortunately are witnessing this year. It would have been good to have these handy.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberAug 20, 2013

I am sick of drones.I envy 'em.
    Such a wastage of money & resources. Could be used in better way.
    Judgement day is near. Google & Intel will be the Skynet.
    Cancel
  • prahu mac

MemberAug 20, 2013

its like T3 RISE OF THE MACHINES!!!!!!!!!
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 21, 2013

Does anyone believe this I dont know, but all the super cool gadgets used in sci-fi movies are a result of secret ongoing research. How in the world the directors would get the idea? This type of helicopter was used in movies, it is already in realities now.
    Cancel
  • Gurjap

MemberAug 21, 2013

This is so awesome. It doesn't look that big to me, so I'll be taking the bus from now on.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register