TPN isolator and switch

Where to use TPN switch and TPN Isolator,Moreover y to use it.I Have gr8 confusion regarding the realm of neutral wire.y is it so necessary.
Plz help.........

Replies

• J Biswas
    J Biswas
    TP - 3P switching no N

TPN - 3P switching with un-protective N (no problem unless the motor winding body to the metal) 😀 - other machines/electronic devices (grounded might get affected otherwise)

TPNY - Many factories / countries don't allow TPN because of the above reason. Hence independent switching of N is done along with isolation with ground.
  • J Biswas
    J Biswas
    We are in the process of designing a system that alarms whenever neutral line is grounded (for 3P motors), work is still in progress.

- JB -

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello! i'm currently pursuing M.Tech in Power systems engineering. I'm in 2nd semester and i have course on mini project related power systems. I'm having confusion in choosing the title...
Can any one help me about this project ? like components costs and where they are available ect........
guys i get this question by a msg sevice and it says that only 2% IAS candidates can solve this so try this and prove that you are an genioius....
I NEED A SEMINAR TOPIC RELATED TO CIVIL ENGINEERING WHICH HAV SUBSTANTIAL INFLUENCE IN MODERN LIFE...D NEW INNOVATIONS OR SUMTHN LYK DAT.... PLS SUGGEST ME A GUD ONE
Evey year a large number of books on different topics are published but in those books only a few books which are comes in the categories of 👍Evergreen Books👍. So...